Changing branches of service?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I don't know about other services but I just tried to transfer from NG to active army 11B and they said there not accepting anything except 18x right now. And I always heard it was easy to switch while on title 10 orders but I guess not. Maybe its because its the near the end of the fiscal year

I have an E-3 12C that I'm releasing to switch to the AC. He already has his 368 from the recruiter but I believe he was told that it won't take effect until October. He is USAR though and not NG.

96project

Established Member
I have an E-3 12C that I'm releasing to switch to the AC. He already has his 368 from the recruiter but I believe he was told that it won't take effect until October. He is USAR though and not NG.

Yeah, figured I would try again in october. I've got about 6 more months on title 10 so I have time.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I don't know about other services but I just tried to transfer from NG to active army 11B and they said there not accepting anything except 18x right now. And I always heard it was easy to switch while on title 10 orders but I guess not. Maybe its because its the near the end of the fiscal year

Troop reductions. They are trying to trim the Active components pretty drastically and simply do not have the room. You might luck out and there could be an open 11B slot in 6 months but its still unlikely. With the economy being very sluggish many service members are looking to stay in for 20 since there isn't much percieved opportunity in the civilian sector.

NG and reserves are not going to see nearly as bad as reductions but you will see a migration of active Army soldiers trying to get into the NG to work towards a 20 year. Its going to be a rough period of time for the military until we jump into another war.

96project

Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking it probably had something to due with pulling troop our of Iraq and whatnot and being over staffed state side... That's probably the case for most branches also. I've also considered reserves just for the fact of not waiting on promotion slots.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I went from Active Army to Navy reserves. I hate it. Nothing against the navy but it's just too different. I also got dropped from e6 to e5 and 5 years later have yet to make it back.

only a gt

Established Member
I was active USMC for 4 years, been out for 2 now. Contemplating the WO program in the army so I could fly helicopters, anyone know how that would work out?

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I was active USMC for 4 years, been out for 2 now. Contemplating the WO program in the army so I could fly helicopters, anyone know how that would work out?

I've seriously been thinking about doing this as well, I talked to a recruiter a little bit about it and you have to put together a packet, go to MEPS and take the AFAS test. Some college is helpful but from what I understand it's not necessary

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You have to pass a flight physical and take the AFAS test as mentioned.

The good thing if you want to fly is that if you do get selected for WOC school, something like 80% of all warrants are aviators.

Users who are viewing this thread