changed supercharger pulley belt ?

bobbyr51711

Established Member
hello. i changed the belt yesterday, existing one had crack. I've only had the car for a month. But the existing belt was a 74 inch. It has a 2.76 pulley and i didnt take notice on where the existing tension was at on the tensioner. But I think it may have been to tight. i acutally have a 74.5 on there now and I think it needs to be bigger belt. any suggestions would be great thanks. heres a picture of the tensioner.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 101

MG0h3

Established Member
Some people have to run it almost maxed out; as in barely able to get the belt on with the tensioner maxed.

Looks like you’re ok to me

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Some people have to run it almost maxed out; as in barely able to get the belt on with the tensioner maxed.

Looks like you’re ok to me

Ok. Wasn’t sure. Little new to the cobra world. Just heard of bearing issues with the pulleys? So not sure if should put larger belt.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dave.O

Established Member
You want to line up the tab on the arm with middle line of the three in your pic

bobbyr51711

Established Member
You want to line up the tab on the arm with middle line of the three in your pic

This I what I thought. Have a couple different belt sizes coming in this week 75 75.5 and a 76. Think one of those should get me in that line. I just was not sure If having an aftermarket pulley setup met still having to line the arrow up on the tensioner the same as a stock setup?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigmoose

Established Member
If I'm looking at it right that looks way too loose. I know its popular to grind down the stop on the left to get it tighter. Like said above, try to line it up with the line there.

IllCobra

Established Member
do you have aftermarket idlers and aux? i have a 2.76 with aftermarket idlers and aux and the gates HD 75.65 green belt fits perfectly. the tensenor indicator is right in the middle

Users who are viewing this thread