Changed clutch qaudrant and now cruise dosen't work 98 Cobra......

8URSRT

Established Member
Worked before I changed it, thinking maybe I unhooked something under the dash. I checked the switch on the brake pedal and it looks fine. Also checked the fuse...if I remember correctly it is the same fuse as the horn and brake lights, that is all working. Both throttle cable and cruise cable are still hooked up and look fine.

Does the clutch peddle also have a cruise switch?

It could just be bad luck and the box decided to go after I swapped. Is there a way to check the box?

BABVenom98

Established Member
Yes, the clutch pedal has a cruise control deactivator switch. And I'm willing to bet the quadrant put the pedal low enough to be resting on the switch. I had the same problem. It's an easy fix, all you need to do is get a firewall adjuster and maybe a new cable depending how many miles is on the current one. It could be stretched a little adding to the issue.

8URSRT

Established Member
The qaudrant is a STEEDA double hook and a brand new STEEDA adjustable cable. I am not a big fan of fire wall adjusters.

Makes sense though. Anybody else know of another solution? Next time I drive the car I'll try pulling up on the pedal and see if it activates, I am betting it will.

BABVenom98

Established Member
The qaudrant is a STEEDA double hook and a brand new STEEDA adjustable cable. I am not a big fan of fire wall adjusters.

Makes sense though. Anybody else know of another solution? Next time I drive the car I'll try pulling up on the pedal and see if it activates, I am betting it will.

You're not a fan of firewall adjusters but like adjustable cables :bash:
That's part of your problem. There is no need for a adjustable cable. OEM cables last longer too. I bet you put a firewall adjuster and throw away the junk adjustable cable and put a OEM cable that will fix the problem.
Trust me. I had a adjustable cable before and they suck. Firewall adjuster will adjust it to where you want your pedal engagement.disengagement.

BABVenom98

Established Member
Or if you want to keep the adjustable cable, I'm assuming you didn't adjust it after you installed the new quadrant and that's why the pedal is resting on the CC deactivator switch. So try adjusting the cable first

Users who are viewing this thread