changed clutch, car wont start

Dirty B

Established Member
Changed clutch in the garage and things seem to go smoothly....

Now I turn the key, car tries to start and wont stay running. It kicks over tries to run but just ends up choking itself out.

To me it seems similar to a vacuum leak but those lines werent touched and all the sensors were double checked. If the car starts kicking and I touch the gas it automatically shuts right off... Without hitting the pedal it wont run longer then 3 secs and it sounds horrible.

Not sure what else I can describe, let me know if you have any ideas or need to know any other details.

hotcobra03

Established Member
are you sure about not touching the vaccum hoses...at the top of the trans thier was a electrical connector that was very hard to reach..remember that one..directly above that is the pcv hoses ir runs under the back of the motor and goes in between the blower and the engine..check that its very had to see if you follow back from pcv valve when you come to a three way connector check thier hose going up goes to the back of the blower the hose going down goes into engine and is connect to the bottom of blower,,,good luck

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah it would seem like something got disconnected but try taking the elec connector off of the FRPS and see if it runs any better just for the hell of it.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Make sure the harness that runs down the top of the tranny didn't get pinched between the block and bell housing.
I have seen this happen several times and can cause the issues you describe.

-

Dirty B

Established Member
well i tried to check everything and i cant find a problem. all electrical connections are in and i am not as mechanically sound as my roommate who is out of town. i am putting some vids up of the sound from inside, engine bay, and under the car to see if any of you guys can hear something wrong.

it does sound to me like there is an exhaust leak but i really dont think that will stop the car from running. let me know if you guys hear anything i dont.... prob be easiest to right click save as..

thanks in advance

http://dirtyb.boxwithlights.com/cobra/MOV01410.MPG

http://dirtyb.boxwithlights.com/cobra/MOV01411.MPG

http://dirtyb.boxwithlights.com/cobra/MOV01412.MPG

Last edited:

nik46notch

Established Member
did you plug the 02s into the opposite banks by mistake..itll do it..ive seen it...sounds like its got as major vaccum leak though..thats what wont let it rev up

Dirty B

Established Member
just as an update, it was my intake. i have a jlt cold air and its hidden in the fender. The tubing and the filter where just barely seperated and just choked the car out. thanks for all the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread