Challenger SRT8 w/vid

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
I'm new to this forum but have been hanging out here for quite some time because I really enjoy your stories. I moslty stick to mustangforums and local car forums but I decided to join so I could share my stories here too.

This story shappened after a local car meet. I'm not sure what his mods were becuase we didn't really chat at the meet but it sounded like at least an exhaust, thats him downshifting at around 5secs and he honked it off. Crappy vid, its hard to film and drive at the same time lol We did 3 pulls, all with the same result.

We each gave a thumbs up and I got off at my exit. This meet happens twice a month so hopefully I will get to chat with him next time.

Mustang GT vs Challenger SRT8 - YouTube

OneBadWS6

Established Member
I'm new to this forum but have been hanging out here for quite some time because I really enjoy your stories. I moslty stick to mustangforums and local car forums but I decided to join so I could share my stories here too.

This story shappened after a local car meet. I'm not sure what his mods were becuase we didn't really chat at the meet but it sounded like at least an exhaust, thats him downshifting at around 5secs and he honked it off. Crappy vid, its hard to film and drive at the same time lol We did 3 pulls, all with the same result.

We each gave a thumbs up and I got off at my exit. This meet happens twice a month so hopefully I will get to chat with him next time.

Mustang GT vs Challenger SRT8 - YouTube

Nice Kill!! where do these meets take place if you dont mind me asking Im in socal to.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey OP..Nice kill man!!
He was probably thinking that he was going to take this Mustang hard. I'll bet you he was quite surprised when you walked away from him!! :rolling:

People should know by now that when you race a Mustang of any year, you just do not know what you are getting in to. They could either be lightly modified, an all out drag car or a top end monster. Rarely bone stock though. Even the most conservative Mustang owner will at least throw on a K&N and some exhaust.

BTW..do you know if it was a 6.1L SRT8 or was it a 6.4L? Maybe next time you meet up with him at the show, you could ask. Either way man..Great Kill! :beer:
What power do you make?

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
I'm not sure if it was the 6.1 or 6.4 but yea hopefully I run into him at the next meet. I'm putting out 460ish to the wheels with a conservative tune. She's lost some steam since I've put 90k miles on her but she still runs strong. In her prime she put down 493 whp.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good kill...

What do you mean you lost steam after 90K miles? lol Nearing the 150K mark and running strong here... I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

perry2k12

Established Member
I ran one of these at the track last wednesday. Not sure of the mods but it was a green srt8 and said 392 hemi on it. I beat him by .6xx

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I'm not sure if it was the 6.1 or 6.4 but yea hopefully I run into him at the next meet. I'm putting out 460ish to the wheels with a conservative tune. She's lost some steam since I've put 90k miles on her but she still runs strong. In her prime she put down 493 whp.

Lost 33 rwhp? Sounds like a compression/ring issue. Compression test it.

Nice Kill BTW

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not to be a dick, but the SRT8 was not racing you..........

Who was he racing then, Jenius? :shrug:

Like the previous poster said, if he wasnt trying it would of been bus lengths different. Give credit where credit is due, nice kill OP.

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
Not to be a dick, but the SRT8 was not racing you..........

Lol since my thread was bumped by this comment I'll reply. If he wasn't racing, then why did he honk it off? Idk about you but if I downshifted and started honking I would be racing but that's just me. :shrug:

Thanks for the props guys! I haven't made it out to any of the meets lately so I don't have an update on his car.

willys srt8

Established Member
If the OP is putting 460ish on the low side to the wheels he will have no problems with stock or even lighly/moderately modded 392 SRT8s. Not that there are very many if any mods out for them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread