challenger r/t

zexsrt8

Established Member
can the new r/t's hang with say STOCK 05-10 mustang and 03-04 mach 1. I know they are big car's but some people are managing low 13's from the newer ones seems like it would be a drivers race :??: magazines are saying 0to60 in just under 6sec but owners are saying more like 5sec flat after some seat time anyone drive or race one? I am strongly thinking of picking one up for a dd thanks.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
First your asking this on a mustang forum? 2nd the road kill section seemed like the best place to post this? :wf:

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
can the new r/t's hang with say STOCK 05-10 mustang and 03-04 mach 1. I know they are big car's but some people are managing low 13's from the newer ones seems like it would be a drivers race :??: magazines are saying 0to60 in just under 6sec but owners are saying more like 5sec flat after some seat time anyone drive or race one? I am strongly thinking of picking one up for a dd thanks.

Yeah bud wrong forum for this question :X but ill give you my 2 cents. Ive ran one with my pullied cobra and it was ugly for the challenger, both from a dig and 40 roll.. however the kid that i sold my 01 cobra to (boltons, 4.10s and tune) beat one by about a car and a half from a 45 roll, not that the 01 was stock but that can kind of give you an idea. factor in driver mod too. what is your current ride, anyway?

OneBadWS6

Established Member

Wrong forums man lol :beer:
but yes the new R/T's with the 5.7 eagle can run with mach's and the 3v stangs. The old ones run 14's the new has hit low 13's

zexsrt8

Established Member
oh sorry guy's thought it might not be the right fourm for this:bash: I have had a 04 mach with basic mods and 4.30 gears and a 06 300srt8 but have been in love with the r/t classic combo for a a few years but never tested one out t ill today.from taking it on a short test drive I feel the car pulled real well from just a seat in the pants feeling much the same as my old srt8 did.but is pretty much same price as the 12 5.0 performance wise no comparison mustang hands down would beat it real bad but being 6'5 240 the challenger really fits me better.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
oh sorry guy's thought it might not be the right fourm for this:bash: I have had a 04 mach with basic mods and 4.30 gears and a 06 300srt8 but have been in love with the r/t classic combo for a a few years but never tested one out t ill today.from taking it on a short test drive I feel the car pulled real well from just a seat in the pants feeling much the same as my old srt8 did.but is pretty much same price as the 12 5.0 performance wise no comparison mustang hands down would beat it real bad but being 6'5 240 the challenger really fits me better.

Dont do it!!! lol I almost got an R/T because of this. I then drove an SRT8 2 minutes after and theres no comparison the butt dyno is known to be inaccurate lol

OneBadWS6

Established Member
I raced one in my stock 02 GT and pulled a car on it.

bro please don't start that shit again....your claiming your stock 02 GT beat the new challenger R/T that has 387hp and not the old one that had 345

Last edited:

zexsrt8

Established Member
:nonono:lol yeah I owned a 2002 mustang and that would not be race at all if we are talking STOCK vs STOCK

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
bro please don't start that shit again....your claiming your stock 02 GT beat the new challenger R/T that has 387hp and not the old one that had 345

I'm not claiming I'm telling you what I did, 387hp for a car that weighs an elephant, the new R/T is not fast....

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
we are talking about a

2v: low 14 second car @100
vs
New R/T: mid to low 13's@105-106 :dw:

ive seen a new challenger run 15's at the track... bad driver = loss of race.. chances are mr. YO BRO up there with the sickkkk ass 2 valve... who runs his town bro, yo....

Raced a 15 second driver with a challenger R/T

Last edited:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
The R/T's I had both ran 13.2's @ 106 an weighed only 3970 pounds. Yeah, thats still heavy but not as heavy as the SRT I have thats near 4200.

Actually this past week a bone stock R/T Challenger has run a 13.0 @ 107. It was at ATCO but hey, it still ran the numbers. :)

By the way, the Challenger has always had the new 5.7L in it. Its the CHARGER that had the 2 different 5.7L's in it.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
we are talking about a

2v: low 14 second car @100
vs
New R/T: mid to low 13's@105-106 :dw:

I agree with you but the 2v can hit high 13's stock, so I'd say its a high 13/low 14 @ 98-101. Still not fast enough for a new Challenger though.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The R/T's I had both ran 13.2's @ 106 an weighed only 3970 pounds. Yeah, thats still heavy but not as heavy as the SRT I have thats near 4200.

Actually this past week a bone stock R/T Challenger has run a 13.0 @ 107. It was at ATCO but hey, it still ran the numbers. :)

By the way, the Challenger has always had the new 5.7L in it. Its the CHARGER that had the 2 different 5.7L's in it.

Man I've been trying to run a Challenger but none will bite. How do you think that race will go(my car is 100% stock)? I also had a 392 Challenger pull up next to me on the highway but I refused to play because the guy had his wife/GF and kids in the car with him, I think with all the added weight it would have been close but what was he thinking:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread