Chalk another 93 up.

Cobra Steve

Established Member
Some woman decided to run a stop sign by my house. It's been a week and I already miss my car.:nonono:
steve.jpg

Lee

Established Member
That's why I don't drive mine much anymore. Idiot driver! (the lady) They give anyone a license.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Sorry about your car, that bites.

From the looks of it, with a little frame work, new hatch and rear quarter panel, and other associated bits, you could get it back on the road. Now you can mod the heck out of it and not worry about removing original parts (just trying to help ease the pain with a positive outlook).

Don't let your insurance rip ya, get what it is worth...

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
That really sux! Sorry to see that. Are you going to fix it? If not, let me know.

Cobra Steve

Established Member
I am going to try to rebuild it, but I think it might be totaled. Either way, I will buy it back from the insurance. Believe it or not, the only original parts that were destroyed was the rear valance and the rear right wheel(cobra specific parts that is), and they might be repairable.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra Steve
I am going to try to rebuild it, but I think it might be totaled. Either way, I will buy it back from the insurance. Believe it or not, the only original parts that were destroyed was the rear valance and the rear right wheel(cobra specific parts that is), and they might be repairable.

Good deal, the rear valance is still available, I believe. And I know you can find a right side wheel somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if it was totaled, due to age of the car and the amount of damage. Heck, they probably only list the value in the 6-7k range. Like I said earlier, don't let them rip you on the price of the car, do some reasearch if they lowball you...

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
OMG..........I think I'd cry if someone hit me like that.

You have to buy it back!

BTW, does anyone have any idea how many of these cars are left out of the original 5k?( 4993 + 107Rs to be exact)

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have talked to 5 or 6 people who see my car and say "I used to have one just like that, but I totaled it." I have aslo seen a few in the junkyard getting parted out :nonono: :(

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
BTW, does anyone have any idea how many of these cars are left out of the original 5k?( 4993 + 107Rs to be exact)

Just a guess here, but I would say 40 - 50 % left, 2000 - 2500. Seems like a lot were stolen over the years, plus consider the number wrecked, or high mileage cars turned into track cars, etc. We have to remember that the car is over 10 years old now. Glad mine has only 31,xxx on her.....

kcp203

Established Member
I picked up my car from the dealer in May '93, and the salesman told me that a guy bought 2 cars for his teenage sons in March and they had already been totalled. He actually wanted to know if the dealer could get 2 more so that he could replace them!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Speedfreek
I know of at least 5 from around here that have been totaled or stolen.

I know of at least one that has some non-stock "windows" in the oil pan ...How's the engine buildup coming along Brandon? :D

Decide on what combo you're gonna run yet?

Richard

Speedfreek

Established Member
Haven't figured out anything yet. Leaning towards a not so big build up. Got some Alumn heads laying around that I'm probably gonna get worked and throw some good pistons and rods in it and be done with it, hell I don't beat on it anyway's so who cares how fast it is. I just want it to look purdy. I got another Black on black 93 the other day, don't know anyone who would want to trade a nice teal one in on it do ya?;-)

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
cobras

I have bought four 93 cobras from insurance auctions 2 theft recoveries 1 from Houston ,(red), 1 from San Fransisco(black), 2 were wrecked 1 from Houston(teal) and 1 from south Florida(black). i have two of them completely repaired now and hopefull on day the other 2 will also be done I like them so much i just hate to see them parted out or turned into race cars. hopefully you (cobra steve) will get yours from the ins. co. and get it back on the road.I also would guess there to be about half of the cars left on the road if not less.:(

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Their value would leap if we had accurate count on how many are left, but for now when someone sells one they say" this is number "x" of 4993, when 4993 is the original count .If they said this is car number"x" of 2300, then i am sure it would make a difference.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread