Chainsaw suggestion?

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Huskavarna chains saws share nothing with the motorcycles with the exception of the logo. Prolly made in China but definitely a division of Frigidaire home products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I beg your pardon sir , but husky is certainly not built in China , says right on the saw , a product of Sweden on my 340.
As does all my other husqvarna products .
Fridgadare is a government motors subsidiary.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Gm hasnt been involved with Frigidaire for decades, its owned by Electrolux a Swedish company. But they market lawn and garden brands, Poulan, Husky, and Craftsman, all the same stuff just different brands for different dealers. If you buy a truckload they will take you to Augusta for the Masters. The lawn division is headed up by the former CEO of Frigidaires son.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Weekend warrior or commercial loggers?
When I worked in Louisiana, everything was huskies. Fast saw, soft wood.
In my area of mostly oak hardwoods, the men that do it daily run various sizes of orange saws. Stihl. Period.
Me? Neither. But I've been cuttin' all kinds of wood for over 40 years. I've had both and I prefer the Husqvarna.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
GM sold Frigidaire to White Consolidated Industries in 1979.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Me? Neither. But I've been cuttin' all kinds of wood for over 40 years. I've had both and I prefer the Husqvarna.
Ok, what works for , works for you.
The amount of constant cutting is where I find what's best for a given wood. Hardwood vs Pine.
In the south. Its mostly pine. Most commercial loggers use a Husky. Higher revving fast saw, buzzes through pine. Done deal.
Where I'm at, you won't find a Husky on any logging operation. It'll be a Stihl. 036, 044, for bucking and limbing work.
Now, here in big woods the 400-600 series Stihl saws do the big work.
Cutting for fun or maintenance around the house is different than running a saw every day for a living.
Hence, hardwoods everyday, equals a medium to large Stihl chainsaw.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
With your haunted house this might be the way to go:

Ash_Williams_Based_On.png

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Every man needs two chainsaws. One for light duty—branches, small trees—(husquvarna 18” bar) and one for taking down a big tree. Stihl with a 25” bar. If you need more than that you should be calling a professional

nickf2005

Established Member
Gm hasnt been involved with Frigidaire for decades, its owned by Electrolux a Swedish company. But they market lawn and garden brands, Poulan, Husky, and Craftsman, all the same stuff just different brands for different dealers. If you buy a truckload they will take you to Augusta for the Masters. The lawn division is headed up by the former CEO of Frigidaires son.

In 2006, Electrolux spun-off Husqvarna and created Husqvarna Group, who's brands include Husqvarna, Gardena, PoulanPro, Weed eater, and a few others. They are now separate entities.

Brands | Husqvarna Group
Husqvarna Group - Wikipedia

awful knawful

Established Member
Husky, stihl, dolmar, makita (dolmar), Johnsred, echo.

Find a good local dealer and buy what he is selling.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I have a Stihl 290 Farm Boss that is about 15 years old, starts every time. I live on 40 wooded acres, so it gets a lot of work.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I cleared land for a while as my 2nd job. I own about 15 Stihl Chainsaws. Always use premium fuel, GOOD oil, keep the chains sharp and flip the bar every time. Do not use cheap fuel and always run the saw empty of fuel before putting it away. Every few years have the carb rebuilt. Most of their saws will outlast you if taken care of half decent.

Users who are viewing this thread