CFM Performance Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather

AJ@CFM

Established Member
[h=2]CFM Performance Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather[/h]
We are excited to present to you all at SVTP our CFM Performance Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breathers! We make these for a wide range of applications including all of your late model Fords in a variety of finishes! These will install in less than a minute! Simply remove your oil cap and twist our breather in it's place!

FEATURES:

• Only breather that does not interfere or disable your factory PCV system
  • Integrated baffle to keep oil particles from saturating the filter element (no oily mess under your hood!)
  • Unique check-ball design allows crankcase pressure to be released without causing vacuum leak
  • Available in most popular powder coat finishes
  • Made in the USA

To learn more about this product and read why it's unique compared to the others on the market check out this link:http://tinyurl.com/o959eba

Click the picture for applications, finishes & pricing!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
that looks cool, especially if it works as advertised. But for us cobra guys do you make one that seals on the passenger valve cover rather than just screw into the oil cap? I am currently running two push in breathers on my valve covers and just an oem oil cap.

AJ@CFM

Established Member
This breather was designed to keep your factory PCV system in tact. This is the only breather we have available at this time.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
ahh ok, i like many have plugged/ disabled our factory PCV system and went to messy valve cover breathers. I was thinking that your breather would allow the best of both worlds, no factory pcv system and relieve crankcase pressure without having un-metered air sucked back in.

I may buy one of your pieces and see if I can figure out a nice way to make it work as I and other want.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
ahh ok, i like many have plugged/ disabled our factory PCV system and went to messy valve cover breathers. I was thinking that your breather would allow the best of both worlds, no factory pcv system and relieve crankcase pressure without having un-metered air sucked back in.

I may buy one of your pieces and see if I can figure out a nice way to make it work as I and other want.
I agree, If we could get one for the pass side and have them work to delete the pcv and still not be messy id be ordering 2 of them today!

......well 4 cause id have to do both cars

SVT_Troy

Established Member
we understand this but a lot of us have totally removed the lcv system and run a single breather on each valve cover instead. We are wanting to replace our regular breathers with your breathers and leave our oil cap in place.

This is a pic of my breathers.

IMG_2226_zps6a659700.jpg

Tractionless1

Established Member
we understand this but a lot of us have totally removed the lcv system and run a single breather on each valve cover instead. We are wanting to replace our regular breathers with your breathers and leave our oil cap in place.

This is a pic of my breathers.

IMG_2226_zps6a659700.jpg

So you're saying make the one way valve to fit the OE PCV system holes in the valve covers correct?

AJ@CFM

Established Member
Unfortunately, this product was intended a solution for the guys that wanted to simply relieve crankcase pressure without the hassle of modifying the PCV. The breather itself is designed to be in place of the oil cap & will not work on the valve cover.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
So you're saying make the one way valve to fit the OE PCV system holes in the valve covers correct?

Yes, It makes sense in my mind, what about you? Any input?

Unfortunately, this product was intended a solution for the guys that wanted to simply relieve crankcase pressure without the hassle of modifying the PCV. The breather itself is designed to be in place of the oil cap & will not work on the valve cover.

And just to be clear, the only reason it will not work on the valve cover is because it cannot screw into the holes on the valve cover like the oil cap does right?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Yes, It makes sense in my mind, what about you? Any input?

It's exactly what I was thinking as I can't figure out why I would need more than OE breathability. I like the product and it seems these could be made to press into the OE valve cover holes (without an actual press) and held in place with Indian Headgasket Adhesive. Hell that S*it has been holding my 1st gen Evenflow fitting in place since '07 without a single issue.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It's exactly what I was thinking as I can't figure out why I would need more than OE breathability. I like the product and it seems these could be made to press into the OE valve cover holes (without an actual press) and held in place with Indian Headgasket Adhesive. Hell that S*it has been holding my 1st gen Evenflow fitting in place since '07 without a single issue.

Good well we are both on the same sheet of music. I want to buy two and replace these with my current open breathers. I hope it works out the way I want...... I just have to get them and figure out the best route to making them seal 100% to prevent air being sucked in.

A glue like gorilla glue would probably work but would be more permanent. I was thinking about welding a bug into the valve covers so these can screw in....just an idea without having the pieces in hand though.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member

For whatever reason you dont seem to get it dude, Most of us dont want to keep our messy pcv system and have to run catch cans to catch the oil going back through our intake blower intercooler ect. we want a breather that will fit into our valve covers with check valves so it wont make a mess. you seem to have a good product but your limiting your market because your ignoring the large amount of ppl that DONT WANT TO KEEP THEIR PCV SYSTEMS or HAVE ALREADY DONE AWAY WITH THEM. it would be simple to do away with the threads and weld a dayum nipple in its place. That way you can have 2 options and all of us will be happy. judging by the replies youve got already i dare sya youll sale more with the nipple than you will with what you are offering now...... just saying

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Anyone running these yet?

Looks like a nice addition to catch cans to dump some pressure, should keep the catch cans cleaner.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
For whatever reason you dont seem to get it dude, Most of us dont want to keep our messy pcv system and have to run catch cans to catch the oil going back through our intake blower intercooler ect. we want a breather that will fit into our valve covers with check valves so it wont make a mess. you seem to have a good product but your limiting your market because your ignoring the large amount of ppl that DONT WANT TO KEEP THEIR PCV SYSTEMS or HAVE ALREADY DONE AWAY WITH THEM. it would be simple to do away with the threads and weld a dayum nipple in its place. That way you can have 2 options and all of us will be happy. judging by the replies youve got already i dare sya youll sale more with the nipple than you will with what you are offering now...... just saying

THISSSSS :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread