Ceramic Coated Long Tubes!?!?

Stephen93Cobra

1993 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out which Ceramic Coated Long tubes to go with Mac/BBK, or if there are any better out there? Can you all help me decide and point me in the right direction please? I've already got the Dr.Gas X-pipe and Warlock cat-back! I just need some of your inputs!

Thanks,
Stephen

Dekorum

Established Member
Exactly, MAC LTs are garbage. The flanges are all seperate and the fitment I heard sucks. On the BBK LTs, the flanges are all welded together and the finish is great looking on the ceramic ones.

250psd

Established Member
I run the BBK LT's. No fitment issues and seem to be holding up great. You will need a different mid-pipe for the LT's. Great price for the product IMO. Only down fall is the passenger side need to be removed to pull the tranny where the Hookers I don't think you have to.

Dekorum

Established Member
The pipes that actually bolt up to the heads are seperate on the MACs. On the BBKs its like one piece. All the pipes are welded together where they bolt up to the heads.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
^^^

Which helps seal the exhaust as a whole, and not individual tubes, which causes more leaks than a single flange. MAC < all when if comes to headers.

coolguy10786

Established Member
But with bbk's you have to loosen one header to get the trans out. I vote hooker, kooks, slp, or stainless works. Hooker will be cheaper than the last three by far, but the last three are top notch headers.

montanagrog

Established Member
Since your car listed is a 93 Cobra, I will take it you are asking about a Foxbody -5.0.

Based on personal experence, I vote for the BBK ceramic long tubes. We have them on my son's 89 and have had the trany, bellhousing, clutch & flywheel out numerous times and never had to touch the headers. All parts just slip right out.

nicolae88

Slow "Pink" car.
Established Member
I installed BBK Ceramic Lts in my buddys garage. They where a trial going on. Everything fit but 1/4" turn at a time on some bolts made for one long afternoon.

The fit was not completely there. My air injection tubes are no where close on the drivers side. Its not too big of a deal, they look and sound awesome! And for the price I say it was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread