Ceramic coat engine spray paint question?

ProStang01

Established Member
I'm looking to paint my blower pipes and have heard of people using ceramic coat engine paint.

Has anyone here used it? Just looking for some steps, preping, and type/color to use.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ProStang01

Established Member
Here are a couple pics, hard to see...

2012-01-15_173908.gif

2012-01-15_173859.gif

I'd rather just clean them and give them a polished look but have tried everything and they won't clean up. So any suggestions there would help...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Doubt youd need any special heat resistant paint for those. Even hotside intake piping thats post blower/turbo dont get hot enough to melt off standard spraypaint unless for some odd reason your piping runs over an exhaust manifold.

ProStang01

Established Member
Doubt youd need any special heat resistant paint for those. Even hotside intake piping thats post blower/turbo dont get hot enough to melt off standard spraypaint unless for some odd reason your piping runs over an exhaust manifold.

It gets a little hot but not bad where I couldn't grab it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It gets a little hot but not bad where I couldn't grab it.

Yeah you should be fine with any standard spraypaint then.

Id sand them down or at least scuff them up pretty good, lay a coat of primer, then a few coats of color followed by a few coats of clear.

I went gungho with my piping for my last Spyder. Though now I prefer the hard (not rubberized) bedliner coating for that sleeper/stock looking piping. All my piping in my current spyder is done this way and its hard to tell if you dont know what youre looking at that its a hard pipe and not a rubber one.

Users who are viewing this thread