ceramic brake pads??

Tambini

Established Member
i was thinking about buying a set of ceramic brake pads for my 03 cobra but just want to make sure its the right route to take. are they as good as the stock ones?? i hear they give off no brake dust but do they eat away at the rotors. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Are you thinking up front or the rear? I used ceramic before and haven't had bad wear on the rotors. I hear though people say that went to them in the rear the stopping distance isnt as good.

Tambini

Established Member
i was thinking about both the front and the back. i never heard of anyone who did it so i was wondering if it was a smart decision.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well I dont push the car hard and braking hard. I do allot of car shows witht the car and the dust drives me nuts in the rear. So I will go to ceramics in the rear to keep my wife happy she is the wheel gal for cleaning at the shows. We do 1 to 3 show a weekend and those rears are bad just driving to each show.

What brand are you looking at? We were going to go with raybestos. There are allot of pad brands your right and tons that stop the car fast but also give up sound drivability. Lots of brake noise and or dust.

Tambini

Established Member
i was thinking about the rayebstos too, my friend works at pep boys and he can get them pretty cheap. if you ever need new ones pm me, i think he gets 25%off. my stock ones a squelling every time i stop and its driving me crazy. do yours make any noise?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
My Hawks make more noise than I can stand sometimes. I wish it would dry up outside so they would shut up...

davidmax

Established Member
Pro Matrix is a Ceramic pad I sell and use with my 99 Vert and,my customers cars as well.There is 0 dusting and they seem to last for ever.
If you guys are intersted in these pads and I warn you on Vettes there 350.00 and thats with deep discount.If 6+ people want them I would buy 12 and keep 6 on the shelf for other Cobra(Local) buyers,and see if I can beat a better price out of them.
Dave Smilovic.Good Evening To All.
So if theis sounds good PM me and I will check into the price and fittment,Dave Smilovic

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i have the raybestos pads on my car now. I also hated how much dust accumulated on the rims, with the new pads it is 10 times better!! well worth the money, let me tell ya.

here are the part numbers off the boxes
front:pGD 412 QS
rear: PGD 627 QS
one of the part numbers are from an earlier year cobra because raybestos didnt have a listing for the 03's

bborder

Established Member
Can someone comment on the stopping power of a ceramic pad vs a carbon metallic such as the Hawk HPP? Don't want to sacrafice stopping ability and don't have enough info on the ceramics yet to make up my mind. From what I can gather so far, they create less dust. Someone please elaborate on the cost/benefits of ceramic. Thanks!

Chris C

Established Member
Anybody just go to Midas, and get their Life time warrenty for brake pads? They'll change them for free, if they wear out. But they are metallic pads, are those ok to use on our cars?

Users who are viewing this thread