Centrifugal on a GT 500

ESPN8

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has tried a Centri on the GT 500 ?
I remember a few years back , one of the Mustang Mags put a Procharger F1 on a 03 Cobra . It put out some impressive power .

skyhighsd

Established Member
Been done and there are threads about it. Dan Schoneck search for threads by him/same screen name and you will find it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if your gonna change the blower setup, might aswell just go with the TT.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Procharger F1 series will make more power than a 3.4 or kb no problem, 27lbs of boost on a stock motor/rear end and it will make 920rwhp. You trade off some bottom end but after 5000rpms the procharger will make 170+ more ftlbs of torque. I made 860 with a iron block with good rods and less compression than stock it lost 40rwhp over stock motor with the compression loss alone and the car lost another 30rwhp with the 9'' rear end. 35spline axles/Billet locker. It made over 700ft lbs at 5000 rpms and made 600flbs at 4000 rpms, just not great below that kinda like the tt with no blower. I could easily make 1050-1100 rwhp with a built motor and a procharger f1c or r.

ESPN8

Established Member
Procharger F1 series will make more power than a 3.4 or kb no problem, 27lbs of boost on a stock motor/rear end and it will make 920rwhp. You trade off some bottom end but after 5000rpms the procharger will make 170+ more ftlbs of torque. I made 860 with a iron block with good rods and less compression than stock it lost 40rwhp over stock motor with the compression loss alone and the car lost another 30rwhp with the 9'' rear end. 35spline axles/Billet locker. It made over 700ft lbs at 5000 rpms and made 600flbs at 4000 rpms, just not great below that kinda like the tt with no blower. I could easily make 1050-1100 rwhp with a built motor and a procharger f1c or r.

Wow , thats huge power .
So is it basically take off Stock Supercharger , install F1 .
Do the injectors , Mass air , or anything else need to be upgraded along with the swap ?

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Wow , thats huge power .
Do the injectors , Mass air , or anything else need to be upgraded along with the swap ?

no if you notice in his post he said with good rods, as in he put in better then stock rods. The factory gt500 rods are good for alot of horsepower as long as you stay under 6200rpm, anything above that and your playing with fire. And thats why a high boost centri would need better rods on a gt500, because they shine at high rpms.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Wow , thats huge power .

Can the stock fuel system support 1000rwhp? No. It would need to be upgraded.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
an F1 will make ridiculous power. I don't see why more people don't run them on 03/04's. Just as Dan said basically an F1 is crazy.

I was talking to Josh at KYTurbo yesterday, and said if you had another terminator what would you do to it?

Josh- "I'd put an F1A on it and drive the piss out of it"

Last edited:

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
The 5.4s are way more impressive with the f series blowers than the 4.6's the extra cu. really helps. A 4.6 with a 9.5 to 10 to1 compression and a f1c or r would be insane. The Procharged gt500 kit requires alot of mods. need a fluidyne/raven Radiator & has to be cut down two cores for inlet clearance, You need a fuel system, needs innovators west balencer, Custom hat to replace factory blower, Blower pulley and belt selection at that time becomes tough for slowing the blower down, but i never built my kit to make low boost. It wasn't to bad but i designed the whole kit my self, i had 160lb injectors on it also due to running e85. Now that the kits done i have all the data to do it again. This blower setup on a built motor and a turbo 400 or powerglide would run in the mid 8's in the quarter. Car is to heavy for what i wanted todo, so i pulled the motor and Bought a ford Gt and rolled my engine program over into that x10, Stuff is starting to get a little more radical now.

ESPN8

Established Member
The 5.4s are way more impressive with the f series blowers than the 4.6's the extra cu. really helps. A 4.6 with a 9.5 to 10 to1 compression and a f1c or r would be insane. The Procharged gt500 kit requires alot of mods. need a fluidyne/raven Radiator & has to be cut down two cores for inlet clearance, You need a fuel system, needs innovators west balencer, Custom hat to replace factory blower, Blower pulley and belt selection at that time becomes tough for slowing the blower down, but i never built my kit to make low boost. It wasn't to bad but i designed the whole kit my self, i had 160lb injectors on it also due to running e85. Now that the kits done i have all the data to do it again. This blower setup on a built motor and a turbo 400 or powerglide would run in the mid 8's in the quarter. Car is to heavy for what i wanted todo, so i pulled the motor and Bought a ford Gt and rolled my engine program over into that x10, Stuff is starting to get a little more radical now.
I guess theres no easy way of changing the Roots for a Centri then . That sounds like a lot of work went in to that swap .

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
I guess theres no easy way of changing the Roots for a Centri then . That sounds like a lot of work went in to that swap .

Oh its easy, all's it takes is money, You can bolt it all on it two days:)
But yes not like bolting on a whipple,kb or even a tt.

Users who are viewing this thread