Centrifugal for 3L Duratec

SpookSVT

Established Member
Hi guys, looking for some extra power out of the SVTC in the future probably and have decided on a centri to deliver the goods. The Vortech kit for this car blows so I am designing and fabricating a custom kit if I choose to go through w/ this.

Engine is a 3L V6 DOHC. I'm looking for 350whp minimum w/ posibilities of 400whp pending. I'm looking for a high flowing compressor so I don't have to run high boost because the engine isn't built, but it should hold 450CHP reliably. Desired boost level no higher than 12psi to reach my goals.

The Procharger P1SC is looking nice or maybe a Paxton NOVI 1000/2000. Do they sound good or are they too big? I'm very open to suggestions. What step-up ratio will be good for a 4200-~6800RPM powerband?

Other mods will include DIY worked heads, custom headers if I feel up to making them, a True-Dual exhaust, cams are the stock SVT camshaft. They hold the TQ long into the revs which is a big plus for the centri blower setup. Peak TQ is between about 5000-5500RPM if that helps out. Custom LIM and a large volume UIM to get this thing to breath really well up top. Intercooled of course w/ a final CC'd CR of ~9.8-9.9.

Should I go w/ a cog drive or just stick w/ a V-belt. Thanks in advance for any input.

Also, i want this thing to sound like a mother-loving banshee when I romp on the go pedal, so give me a screamer!

Users who are viewing this thread