Centrifugal blower guys please step in...

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Just got my '03 back from the shop, it now has a 5.3 Boss big bore 9.8:1 cr motor with an RPM-built t56 and a full custom return fuel system. The original plan was a custom twin kit to replace the sloppy original kit however the wife becoming pregnant (our first) has greatly decreased my budget so I am now looking at doing a centrifugal setup. My question to you is this:

I have never owned a centri car, only turbos and PD's, what is a good street blower capable of 800-900 rwhp? What setups have you had good luck with? I know the big 3 are Procharger, Paxton, and Vortech, but what I don't know are the specific pros/cons between the F1A/C, Novi 2000, JT, or YSi.

Again I'm looking for a street setup with decent midrange and top end. I have the stock 3.55 rear gears right now but from what I've read I would probably be better off with at least a 3.73?

Additional info: the intake consists of an HPP upper and Sullivan lower on mostly stock '04 Cobra heads (Brian Tooley springs). Stock '03/'04 cams. E85.

Thanks for the help!

Blackedout

Established Member
A F1 will get you there... not sure about the gears with the T56... I run a F1-A cogg'd (NOT QUIET) with the procharger intake and stock A-W intercooler through an auto with 3.55's...

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Awesome, can you post some pictures of the install? Where did you buy the bracket, head unit, and cogged pulleys? What other pulleys need to be cogged?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I just spoke with procharger the other day about a kit, and he advised me that the 03 cobra f1a cog kit will fit the easiest with the least amount of relocating and such. But, the 96-98 cobra f1a cog kit would be his preference due to belt routing and length, head unit placement, etc. You have to run the earlier timing cover however, and do a custom cooling system for the room. Also, change intake manifolds and run an external intercooler. The 03 kit uses the factory cooler with a wedge style intake manifold. Some people have made good power with them but they do lack in low/midrange, and more power can be made from a 01 manifold with big front cooler.

here is a comparison of all their f series blowers

https://www.procharger.com/racing-supercharger-specs

Blackedout

Established Member
Awesome, can you post some pictures of the install? Where did you buy the bracket, head unit, and cogged pulleys? What other pulleys need to be cogged?

Yeah I'll post some pics... Everything came from procharger as a kit... only (2) cogg'd pulleys.... I run a 88 T lower/crank and 44 T upper/blower = about 26 psi

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Haha that's why I ask questions, I'm very unfamiliar with centris. So with this setup none of the other accessory pulleys are cogged? Separate belt drive?

Sent from my LG-K373 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I just spoke with procharger the other day about a kit, and he advised me that the 03 cobra f1a cog kit will fit the easiest with the least amount of relocating and such. But, the 96-98 cobra f1a cog kit would be his preference due to belt routing and length, head unit placement, etc. You have to run the earlier timing cover however, and do a custom cooling system for the room. Also, change intake manifolds and run an external intercooler. The 03 kit uses the factory cooler with a wedge style intake manifold. Some people have made good power with them but they do lack in low/midrange, and more power can be made from a 01 manifold with big front cooler.

here is a comparison of all their f series blowers

https://www.procharger.com/racing-supercharger-specs

Sweet, thanks for the info. The only '03/04 parts left in my engine bay are the heads and radiator haha, sounds like the '96-98 kit would be right up my alley. I just need the blower, bracket, and pulley kit, all of the piping will be custom.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran an F1A on a big bore stroker in my 01. I used the bracket that came with my D1. I also did the 8 rib swap, ATI overdrive crank pulley, and used a Thump tensioner. I never had problems with belt slip with that set up. I only spun it to 6500rpm with a ported 01 intake. But it pulled like a freight train throughout the band. I had 3.90 gears along with a stock T-56. If I had kept that car I would have stepped down to 3.55's.

Blackedout

Established Member

If you're doing this to a 03/04 cobra the alternator gets lifted up towards the intake and runs off the inner belt... then the blower runs off its own belt...

01yellercobra

Established Member
Really, 3.55s would have been better?
For my set up I think they would have been. With the 3.90's I was shifting a lot. Going to 3.55's would have given me more time in each gear. Torque wasn't an issue with that set up. My dyno graph with a D1 looked like it had a twin screw. I also drove that car long distances. So the reduced rpm would have lead to less noise from the BOV which would have been nice.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
If you're doing this to a 03/04 cobra the alternator gets lifted up towards the intake and runs off the inner belt... then the blower runs off its own belt...

It's an '03 Cobra but it was previously twin turbo so the alternator is up top right beneath the intake.

I already have the battery relocated to the trunk so I'm looking for the kit that puts the blower on the drivers side. I will run a front mount with a topside exit to go straight into the front facing sullivan intake.

stangfreak

Established Member
Better do a search on this setup on a 03 cobra. or instant message juiced46. If you plan on getting an off the shelf kit and bolt it on, most likely you will be disappointed. Do your research or like I said, talk to juice ( dave ) He had one of the first procharged 03 cobras. I know people will come in and say well I did it and the car is fast. Yea, so did the guys making close to 700rwhp years ago and barely running faster than a ported eaton cobra.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Better do a search on this setup on a 03 cobra. or instant message juiced46. If you plan on getting an off the shelf kit and bolt it on, most likely you will be disappointed. Do your research or like I said, talk to juice ( dave ) He had one of the first procharged 03 cobras. I know people will come in and say well I did it and the car is fast. Yea, so did the guys making close to 700rwhp years ago and barely running faster than a ported eaton cobra.

The car is an '03 Cobra but nothing in the engine bay currently is. I will be using an A/A intercooler and my current Sullivan/HPP intake. I also have more cubes and higher compression too.

Users who are viewing this thread