Centrifigul Guys.. How much total timing are you running?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I've asked around and haven't gotten any answers.. How much timing is everyone running on pump gas and 10# or so? I'd really like to get a ballpark before we go to the dyno.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
not sure how different it might be for you but my Mach @ 10psi and 15psi max timing @ WOT was 14 on 93.

cbrown9064

Established Member
91 octane pump. 11psi, I ratchet it down to a flat 17 at full load.

Not at the tuning computer, but happy to share my borderline.

EDIT: The 17 degrees is on the Cobra. I can look up my buddies Fox on the tuning computer and screenshot that table too. Which one are you after?

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
91 octane pump. 11psi, I ratchet it down to a flat 17 at full load.

Not at the tuning computer, but happy to share my borderline.

EDIT: The 17 degrees is on the Cobra. I can look up my buddies Fox on the tuning computer and screenshot that table too. Which one are you after?

The 4V.. Ain't afraid of blowing the pushrod to pieces :)

I currently have it locked at 14*. Haven't actually seen how much boost it's making yet.. I haven't programmed in the transfer function for my GM MAP sensor to my Aeroforce Interceptors.. I did rob the boost gauge out of my White Car but haven't had it WOT with it hooked up yet.

Car has a 3.33. pulley on the V3si.
IAT's so far haven't been more than 10 degrees over ambient.
Probably not going to dyno the car for awhile, which is why I'm asking about what timing everyone is running instead of finding the peak and backing off a degree or two on the dyno.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
V1 T trim blow through setup with treadstone 1235 intercooler, pmas hpx slot maf and snow stage 2 meth kit

Made 505 at 6k on 13lbs, didn't take it any higher cause of the stock bottom end

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
V1 T trim blow through setup with treadstone 1235 intercooler, pmas hpx slot maf and snow stage 2 meth kit

Made 505 at 6k on 13lbs, didn't take it any higher cause of the stock bottom end

Nice. Should be very close to what my v3 is. Same intercooler. Same pulley. What are you using as a rev limiter?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
The built in limiter should be fine if you set it lower.

I just have a shift light which is fine for me cause honestly i don't run it all the way up to redline all that often

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The built in limiter should be fine if you set it lower.

I just have a shift light which is fine for me cause honestly i don't run it all the way up to redline all that often

Doesn't the stock computer pull fuel as a limiter? Something you certainly don't want to do WOT at redline under boost.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Yeah, if you pull spark though and have cats you're gonna destroy them

Aka stay off the limiter

96S/Cobra

Established Member
Jesus.. What kind of dyno numbers?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Right at 600 rwhp (598.xx I believe) with obviously a very conservative tune at only 13* of timing.

My tuner said I could easily pick up 100+ rwhp if I ever wanted to switch to e85, as he would be able to add much more additional timing. But for the time being the octane is just not there on 93 to support additional timing.

But I figured I might hurt myself with 700+ rwhp, so I better stick with 600... lol

Users who are viewing this thread