Central PA people - where you at?

87hatchy

Established Member
I made the move to Central PA (near state college) in 2011. I haven't found anyone in the area really into cars. Anyone near by? Would like to meet up/go cruising with some fellow SVTP members especially when the weather gets nicer.

Mike50

Established Member
I have tried getting to know other "car guys" in the area without much luck. I pretty much keep to myself. Look me up when the weather gets warmer. I am in the Williamsport area, and I head through SC occasionally traveling to visit family.

I have a 2011 GT with Roush TVS, by the way.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Im from a little further east. I was just in williamsport today i saw 4 garages that specialize in lifted and deisel trucks and tons of such trucks on the road. Any speed shops or fast cars out that way?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I'm near York, Pa here. Shoot me a PM... Couple of my buddies just started up a mustang club and have some meets, cruises, and shows planned for this year. Should be a fun year.

87hatchy

Established Member
I haven't checked this thread in a while, glad to see some responses. Hopefully when it warms up we can try to organize some meets or something. I can't take the winter anymore!

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I might do a couple of the cars and coffoe runs to the steel stacks in bethlehem. Maybe we can meet up.
just moved here and went to one last year was alright im more a drive my car then show it off kind of guy though lol but some good looking cars out there for sure

I haven't checked this thread in a while, glad to see some responses. Hopefully when it warms up we can try to organize some meets or something. I can't take the winter anymore!

that be nice!

LtDavis

Established Member
A little late to this thread; I'm originally from Williamsport area and lived in Lock Haven (halfway between State College and Williamsport on Rt.220) for years until I moved to the Reading area last summer. I was the secretary of the North Central Mustang Club (NCMC Home) for years and we are very active with monthly meetings at various Ford dealerships throughout north central PA on the first Tuesday of every month from February to November. We always organize several cruise's and events throughout the region so be sure to follow the facebook page to see whats up. Last year we had a pretty big convoy go up to Watkins Glen for their opening day, you get do to 3 laps on the track for 20 bucks or so, its a real scenic drive, too. We also cruised down to Boyertown to tour the private 3 Dog Garage which is amazing, they don't allow us to post pictures on the innerwebs but if you google it you'll find some.

When I was younger we'd all cruise to State College to cruise Beaver/College Ave and all the college kids would hangout at Innovation Park and "race" the short strip of road that led to the highway on ramps/exits... lol. You could try the Tri-State Tuners forum to see where people hang out now, I know there are some Mustang guys on there. Every July I think there's the "Last Cruise" car show or something like that at the Military Museum in Boalsburg then in the early evening everyone is allowed to legally cruise downtown State College and they have a side street blocked off for the Best of Best show.

The one "big" cruise-in around Williamsport is the Burger King cruise-in on Maynard St. right off of I-180, I think its the first Saturday of every month May through October. Usually a good variety of old and new, show cars and a few actual fast ones. If the weather is nice the lot will be full with 200+ cars an hour or more before it officially starts and more cars will park across the street creating a mini show over there.

Now that I'm much closer, I'm hoping to attend some of the Cars and Coffee shows at the Steel Stacks as already mentioned in this thread. Looks like some really nice cars show up. Also hoping to watch the hill climbs at the Pagoda in Reading this year and maybe hit Maple Grove Raceway a couple times.

Oh, and the diesel and lifted truck thing in the Williamsport area is in the redneck DNA or something. They believe they are the fastest, greatest thing out there and will prove it to you by rolling coal in front of your car and driving like jackasses all the f---ing time.

87hatchy

Established Member
A little late to this thread; I'm originally from Williamsport area and lived in Lock Haven (halfway between State College and Williamsport on Rt.220) for years until I moved to the Reading area last summer. I was the secretary of the North Central Mustang Club (NCMC Home) for years and we are very active with monthly meetings at various Ford dealerships throughout north central PA on the first Tuesday of every month from February to November. We always organize several cruise's and events throughout the region so be sure to follow the facebook page to see whats up. Last year we had a pretty big convoy go up to Watkins Glen for their opening day, you get do to 3 laps on the track for 20 bucks or so, its a real scenic drive, too. We also cruised down to Boyertown to tour the private 3 Dog Garage which is amazing, they don't allow us to post pictures on the innerwebs but if you google it you'll find some.

When I was younger we'd all cruise to State College to cruise Beaver/College Ave and all the college kids would hangout at Innovation Park and "race" the short strip of road that led to the highway on ramps/exits... lol. You could try the Tri-State Tuners forum to see where people hang out now, I know there are some Mustang guys on there. Every July I think there's the "Last Cruise" car show or something like that at the Military Museum in Boalsburg then in the early evening everyone is allowed to legally cruise downtown State College and they have a side street blocked off for the Best of Best show.

The one "big" cruise-in around Williamsport is the Burger King cruise-in on Maynard St. right off of I-180, I think its the first Saturday of every month May through October. Usually a good variety of old and new, show cars and a few actual fast ones. If the weather is nice the lot will be full with 200+ cars an hour or more before it officially starts and more cars will park across the street creating a mini show over there.

Now that I'm much closer, I'm hoping to attend some of the Cars and Coffee shows at the Steel Stacks as already mentioned in this thread. Looks like some really nice cars show up. Also hoping to watch the hill climbs at the Pagoda in Reading this year and maybe hit Maple Grove Raceway a couple times.

Oh, and the diesel and lifted truck thing in the Williamsport area is in the redneck DNA or something. They believe they are the fastest, greatest thing out there and will prove it to you by rolling coal in front of your car and driving like jackasses all the f---ing time.

Cool! I would LOVE to go to Watkins Glen and do a few laps. Sounds like a blast. The temperature is slowly creeping up. Won't be long before the stangs come out

03cobra5485

Established Member
More Eastern PA here.. theres not really much going on, unless i am missing all of the events.

Last edited:

et9secstang

Established Member
Gettysburg PA here, once the weather breaks we will have a Dyno day at my shop,loads of fun,defentially worth the drive,lots of street drive 800 plus hp cars

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I'm by allentown same thing here not much going on met 1 person on the site.

Chknhwk and I are in Fogelsville. Dying to meet up with some folks for cars and coffee or just to hang out and visit. Scene up in New England where I am from seems more organized than down here in PA. I hope to see that change this year!

Users who are viewing this thread