Centerline Matrix 5's

slick4_6

Established Member
I picked up a set of Centerline Matrix 5's a while back that need to be polished. I was thinking of having them sent out to be polished and clear coated so I will not have to polish them again later. Has anyone ever tried this before? Is it a bad idea? Does anyone know someone that can do this? I don't want to put them on and have to polish them again 2 months from now while they are mounted and on the truck. I have also heard that if you got salt on them driving in the winter time it would leave spots on them that will not polish off. I don't want to ruin them.

JollyGiant

Established Member
I used the zoop seal on my matrix 5's when I bought them. Two months of wind blown sprinkler overspray and it took 4 hours per wheel to polish out all the water spots. I would definately NOT recommend zoops. Way too expensive, way too much work to apply, and it doesnt work.

layin_low00

Established Member
they do make a clear powder coat. not sure how well it would work but it might be worth looking into

slick4_6

Established Member
I was thinking on sending mine to get chrome.

I thought about chrome but I was hoping to save a little money by getting them polished and clear coated. It works on factory wheels. I thought maybe someone on here had had it done and could comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread