Centerforce LM Series Clutch

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Well after doing a little more research idk how well this will hold up with 600 rwhp.

I have been looking at the McLeod twin and have had quite a bit of negative feedback about it. I think a good reliable single disc would be the best route to go.

I'm sure you can recommend me a good clutch based on what I'm looking for.

My mods are in my sig, and I need something that is good on the street. I don't want any chatter along with a light pedal feel. The dual friction I had before was the perfect clutch for me it just couldn't handle the power. I don't go to the track but I want something that can handle some abuse if it is given it. I'm a little over 600 rwhp and my tires are pretty sticky.

What would you recommend?

I have heard the Spec 3+ chatters a bit and I am looking for absolutely no chatter. I am having an issue with my current clutch squealing under engagement and it is HORRIBLE, makes me not even want to drive the car.

I appreciate any information, I know you guys really know your stuff!

Thanks,

Josh

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well after doing a little more research idk how well this will hold up with 600 rwhp.

I have been looking at the McLeod twin and have had quite a bit of negative feedback about it. I think a good reliable single disc would be the best route to go.

I'm sure you can recommend me a good clutch based on what I'm looking for.

My mods are in my sig, and I need something that is good on the street. I don't want any chatter along with a light pedal feel. The dual friction I had before was the perfect clutch for me it just couldn't handle the power. I don't go to the track but I want something that can handle some abuse if it is given it. I'm a little over 600 rwhp and my tires are pretty sticky.

What would you recommend?

I have heard the Spec 3+ chatters a bit and I am looking for absolutely no chatter. I am having an issue with my current clutch squealing under engagement and it is HORRIBLE, makes me not even want to drive the car.

I appreciate any information, I know you guys really know your stuff!

Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

The thing is that the higher Hp rating the clutch is the more it's going to chatter in most cases. The Dual Friction like you said was very nice to drive but wouldn't hold your power. The next step from there I would suggest the Ram Powergrip HD or the Stage 3+. They are both the easiest to drive on the street with higher Hp ratings than the DF. They will however have slight chatter when you try to slip it too easy. From all of the feedback I've received about both of those clutches as they get easier to drive once there's a few miles on them as well as it just takes a little adjustment of driving style where you give it a little more throttle while slipping it to avoid any chatter. The Stage + is probably the more aggressive of the 2 I just mentioned as it's rated at higher levels then the Ram but they are both great clutches.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
If you go with the RAM I highly recommend not using their supplied TOB. My brother installed the RAM HDT in his car and less than 1000 miles later the TOB was squealing like a little bitch...... The clutch is nice though, light pedal and seems to hold power well, he's only at 500rwhp though :)

Users who are viewing this thread