Centerforce DFX users come here...

02cobraguy

Established Member
I'm just curious how the clutch is... For daily driving and racing? A lot of chattering? Is it any lighter on the clutch pedal than the stock one? Thanks for any input.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Mine is getting better. I can drive it now with ZERO chatter, I just had to find the "sweet spot". It is holding the power very well and the pedal effort is still better than stock. I will take it to the track on Thursday, as long as prep is good I will be able to thourghly (sp?) test the clutch.

87FOXGT

Established Member
ive been hearing the same thing from everyone who has had a chance to run this setup so far. at first you get some chatter until you get used to launching it, and then its all good from there. pedal effort is suppsoed to be lighter then stock and it holds like a mofo!

wish i could help you guys out, but my DFX stuff is laying in my closet til i am back home from iraq :cry:

InArmyWPride

Venomous Productions
Established Member
ITS OK BRO I AM THE SAME BOAT! ALL MY STUFF IS WAITING TO BE PUT ON AS SOON AS I GET HOME FROM IRAQ ALSO
-Cory

GO WITH THE KB, I WENT WITH WHIPPLE THAT IS THE ONE PLUS TO BEING OVER HERE THE MONEY IS BETTER HERE THAN IN THE STATES!

Last edited:

87FOXGT

Established Member
lethal is definately the place to go for DFX goods :)

And Army hang in there man! We'll be beatin up on them vettes and vipers in no time :D

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
From what we have been hearing they are holding up great.. Jared

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'm interested in this too... Looks like I'll be spending a good $900 for a new clutch assembly and install... Fabulous...

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
im already ordering this setup as I have a friend with the same spec3 clutch setup as I have (and with the same problems).

he jumped to the centerforce and loves it many times over the spec (which after thousands of miles still chatters in first unless you like revving your car to 3k before letting the clutch out. plus with my 600rwhp its not holding as well anymore. (btw my spec3 when new was almost undrivable for the first thousands miles or so and even thousands more it still sucks).
get stuck for 45 minutes in stop and go traffic and youll know what I mean, the hotter the clutch gets the worse it gets too.

going to give it a try, centerforce perssure plate, dfx clutch, new flywheel, tob, etc.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
they hook but mine resonates at 2300 rpm to3000 called centrforce they say take it out and have it balanced I say fu.ck that it should have been done from centreforce theysay it was done to factory specs I say bullshit I'm on my second one and it is toast now the first was replaced because the first one felt like shet vibrated like crazy and thought the install was f888ked, it was not it is the nature of this design with the weights they say its hit and miss well I missed 3000.00 dollars worth of labour and parts my 2 cents cheers

Users who are viewing this thread