Centerforce clutch slipping

FatalBite

Established Member
I have a centerforce dfx clutch with probably less than 3k miles on it. The other day I noticed it wasn't engaging as soon as it left the floor but engaged when it was about half way up. And now clutch is slipping in any gear when I punch it. Do u guys think clutch is already bad even though I don't ever drop the clutch ever nor do I race the car. Or do u all think the cable just needs adjusted. And if I need a new clutch can I just buy a new friction plate? Car is probably putting 600+ to fly

SVT_Troy

Established Member
is it adjusted correctly? sounds like it may not be, that or you never had it adjusted correctly and burnt through the new clutch as a result..... try the adjustment first

whats your clutch adjustment setup? as in firewall adjuster, quadrant and type of clutch cable?

FatalBite

Established Member
Adjustment is all factory. And I think you're right about it never been adjusted right cause ever since it was installed I could always smell it. Can I just buy a new disk or the whole presur plate and all?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Try adjusting it now and see where that gets you. Most aftermarket manufactures recommend after markers quadrants and or firewall adjusters. The most popular is the upr triple hook quadrant, firewall adjuster and oem ford clutch cable.

Other than that if you smell your clutch burning it could be shot by now. That is not normal at all. Only way to really find out how much clutch material is left is to remove it. For now I would just adjust it and see where hat gets you. If its adjusted right and still slips it may be new clutch time

FatalBite

Established Member
I adjusted it by putting car in first and pulling up on clutch pedal and slowly pressing it to floor it still slips is there any other way to adjust it on an oem setup

timbo3282

Established Member
I adjusted it by putting car in first and pulling up on clutch pedal and slowly pressing it to floor it still slips is there any other way to adjust it on an oem setup

Unfortunately not really.

Steeda is running a special on their clutch cable and quadrant - its 20% off ending up around $80. I've had good luck with it in the past on my car and I've installed them for a couple buddies. Pick up the adjustable clutch cable / quadrant set of your choice and get it in there.

Good luck. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread