Center Force Duel Friction Clutch

95sleeper2b

Established Member
Just wondering why everyone is so determined to run this clutch in a contour?cuz according to centerforce it is ment for high horsepower cars
Now regardless of what some people think running 200-250 hp isn't really high horsepower

this is right the centerforce web site
CENTERFORCE® DUAL FRICTION
Generates up to a 90% increase in holding capacity over stock systems. This clutch/disc set is designed for use with engines producing 'high horsepower and torque' output, and any radically altered high performance street vehicles. This system is also ideally suited for use with four wheel drive vehicles. All Centerforce® clutch systems provide smooth engagement and light pedal pressure without compromising high performance.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't know what you've been reading, b ut hte majority of the contour community runs/suggest SPEC.

95sleeper2b

Established Member
i've just been talking to people on the internet and they all seem to be very insistant on this clutch...so i just wanted to ask the people here because they seem to be morte knowledgable

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The second friction material in the "dual" friction is plastic.

It uses a stock or maybe SVT PP. It does not use their "patented" dual finger PP like on RWD kits.

SPEC is the ONLY manufacturer to use a PP better then the SVT unit. They also don't have plastic in the clutch lining either.

Also for the record I used a CF DF clutch once, on my ex-Conquest TSi, and it blew up in a couple thousand miles. It sucked badly!!! (This is a common story btw)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
95sleeper2b said:
i've just been talking to people on the internet and they all seem to be very insistant on this clutch...so i just wanted to ask the people here because they seem to be morte knowledgable
they obviously aren't contour people.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
SPEC all the way. my buddy has one on his saturn sc2 he beats the hell outa it still looks like new got like 15k miles on it hes building a new setup and took it out, thing is still good he's not gonna buy another one even tho the trannys out. just buy the spec and be happy!

SpookSVT

Established Member
Depends on which stage you want. CTAMotorsports has them for a very good price. I just ordered my stage 3 today, although not from them.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
IIRC someone said hypilauto (spelling?) had a killer deal and the SPEC kits and flywheels.

Users who are viewing this thread