Center Console Vibration

3ric3288

Established Member
I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea to get rid of the center console vibration. The rattling gets a little ridiculous on bumpy roads. I've heard of people using bondo. I noticed when I press on the vents and console at the same time the rattling goes away. Any suggestions?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
yeah those vents rattle like a mofo on a lowered sn95. Its the vents that make the majority of the noise, like you said pressing on them gets rid of the noise but you can't drive around like that lol. weird thing is my GT never once made a rattle on the same suspension set up.

In for a solution!!!

CzchMex

Established Member
Mine doesn't rattle. But try just using foam inserts here and there to dampen the vibration. You can also line the inside with dynamat

3ric3288

Established Member
Yeah its lowered so the rattling can get a little ridiculous. I'll try the dynamat and foam...foam seems like a pretty good idea.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I had similar issues, sometimes you can fix it by taking it apart and reinstalling or adding foam or velvet strips you can buy at the auto store. They are sticky on one side and have a soft velvet exterior on the other so anything rubbing wont transfer into noise.

stangbanger856

Established Member
My dorrs do this a lot so I'm about to but a bunch of dynamat/boom mat and go to town on the doors, console and floor. If I got some left over I wana do the trunk and maybe some on my roof (I have a nice sound system and think I'm loosing some DBs threw those areas as well.) Also the floor/ center console get hot from the radiant heat from the exhaust after a few mins of driving.

Users who are viewing this thread