Center air vents above radio

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
You have to remove the passenger air bag/panel in order to remove the center vent assembley. Yup, who'd a thunk it right? lol.

-Nick

*EDIT* Instead of completely removing the passenger air bag/panel, you can simply loosen it enough to gain access to the screws of the center vent assembly, opposed to completely removing it.

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, how do you get the passenger air bag out? I'm not home and would like to be prepared

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Thanks for the reply, how do you get the passenger air bag out? I'm not home and would like to be prepared

Remove the far passenger air vent and remove that screw, open the glove box and release the tab that allows the glovebox to be completely lowered down to the floor board. Theres a one or two bolts under that dash area that secure the airbag/panel to the frame. After that push it from behind and it will pop out of the dash.

-Nick

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
I'm stuck on step one... Lol I hate taking apart interiors. Always afraid of breaking something. I can get the right side of the vent to pop out a little but the left side doesn't feel like it wants to budge

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I'm stuck on step one... Lol I hate taking apart interiors. Always afraid of breaking something. I can get the right side of the vent to pop out a little but the left side doesn't feel like it wants to budge

Hmmm. Maybe you have to remove the passenger air bag/panel first and not remove the far passenger side vent at all. Sorry man its been a couple years since I took apart my dash panels.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
For some reason I want to say there is a screw in between the door jam and the far passenger side vent. I can't remember for sure. I will check it out on my car and let you know.

-Nick

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Right on man, I really appreciate it

Just went out and checked on mine. Looks like you wont need to remove the far passenger vent. Just get the glove lowered all the way the floor board and then remove the 1 or 2 bolts securing the air bag/panel from the dash frame. Once you get that pushed out a little, pull the gauge cluster off and you should have complete access to the center vents. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

-Nick

sean04

Established Member
With your help I was able to get my shift light in. Thank you

9971291f557df9352b2863e19dd690b5_zps42a5e6ec.jpg

f8c490c4e634934dbfa7ec19673f74fe_zps83fc6e99.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread