Cell phones in movie theatres.

How would you handle cell phone abusers at a theatre?

• Total voters

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
P51100205.JPG

This little baby is the James Bond device that I referred to in the poll. I look at it this way, I have seen people on cells almost come to blows with other movie theatre patrons. If you assume you kick the guys ass, and the cops arrive, and you get arrested. It is going to take a fair amount of money to get everything cleared up. Probably more then what you are going to pay for this little device.

My opinion, buy a device like this, ask them nicely to get off the phone. If they do not, hit the switch. :thumbsup:

James Bond Gadget

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
Also if someone buys this before me, give me a shout on how well it works, I would be intrested in knowing. :rockon:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I don't go to a lot of movies, we buy DVDs but that jammer looks very cool and a criminal mind could keep a rape victim or robbery victim from callin for help, interesting!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I thought nothing could top a cell phone in a movie theatre... until I went to a couple of concerts this summer...

I guess the new thing is to call all your pals WHILE THE MUSIC IS PLAYING and shout to them how much you're enjoying the show. :nonono: :nonono: It's even better when the conversation is beer-enhanced. :kaboom:

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
I thought nothing could top a cell phone in a movie theatre... until I went to a couple of concerts this summer...

I guess the new thing is to call all your pals WHILE THE MUSIC IS PLAYING and shout to them how much you're enjoying the show. :nonono: :nonono: It's even better when the conversation is beer-enhanced. :kaboom:

LOL :lol: That would suck. Maybe I go to different concerts then you, but typically the music is so frakkan loud that my ears are bleeding through my ear plugs anyway.

My experience in a movie theatre was this dude was sitting to my right, and his woman was sitting right next to me. He did not even whisper when he was on the phone, he just carried on his conversation. I leaned over and asked him if he could take his call in the hall way because everyone was trying to watch the movie, and he just ignored me. Then the large redneck sitting behind him kicked his chair as hard as a horse.......then phone buy stands up and starts acting like a thug, and using his ebonics ladden vocabulary to talk smack. Finally they both shut up, and watched the movie.
If I remeber right a redneck vs. thug fight would have been better then the movie! :kaboom:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
1. Ask nicely that they shut the ****er off ..

2. If they persist, quietly excuse yourself and go get the manager to remove them from the theatre.

You would be surpirised at how many people want to do the above but just sit there and let the little shits continue to talk on their phones.

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
Well take this from a 17 year old. I don't even bring my cell phone in the movie theatre. It's ruid as hell to everyone who pays to watch the movie. So I picked that I would kindly ask the person to stop talking and if they persisted and a guy I would take the cell phone and probably smash it.

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
Stangarang said:
I would throw things at them, like popcorn or Jujubees.

That reminded me of the scene in Goonies where Chunk made puking sounds over the balcony and dumped his drink on those people........ :pop:

Classic stuff.

I would ask them to please stop talking in the theatre myself, but then I would gladly revert to using the jammer. Something about covert vengence that appeals to me. Plus no one gets hurt that way, he just loses his signal on his phone.

Technology is great :-D

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
That would be nice and all..but shit that is expensive...although maybe once I get a better job and cell phones really piss me off where I go...I may just have to get one :)

StangJason

Established Member
It's cheaper to take their phone throw it across the theater or even better walk out of the theater and drop it in the first garbage you see before they see you do it then play dumb...IMO

I have actually cussed about 3 people out at a theater after they pretty much ruined a movie for me by talking on their cell phone or creating disturbances. The sad part is that I just don't attack females and only one of them was a guy that I spoke a very sarcastic ebonics to make him understand better :D .

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
The wifey and I typically bitch about it to eachother. Occasionally, if it's really annoying, I'll turn around and tell them to get the phuck off the phone. Usually, if they have something to say back, the crowd will turn on them. I've seen a crowd chase a person out of a theater because I told him to shut the hell up and he layed into me for interrupting his phone conversation. That little jammer device looks pretty cool, but I'd use it so infrequently it wouldn't be worth it.

Stangarang

Established Member
If I had that jammer, I wouldn't even ask them nicely before using it. Gotta get some good use out of it to justify the cost, right? :)

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Stangarang said:
If I had that jammer, I wouldn't even ask them nicely before using it. Gotta get some good use out of it to justify the cost, right? :)

+1 although that device would be so tempting to use everywhere....

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
NewKid said:
+1 although that device would be so tempting to use everywhere....

I must admit, I would be in the same boat. If I saw some idiot driving like a fool I would end their call for them.

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
Think about riding in a bus, or being around alot of people on their phones, hit the jammer and suddenly 10+ people dropped their calls. LOL..

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
shiz302 said:
Think about riding in a bus, or being around alot of people on their phones, hit the jammer and suddenly 10+ people dropped their calls. LOL..

Thirty people saying WTF!!! all at the same time. :pop:

Now that is classic!

Users who are viewing this thread