Cell phone insurance

jmsa540

Established Member
Let's talk about this real quick.

It frustrates me that I pay 8.99 a month for each line for two phones.

Then when I make a claim, I then have to pay a minimum $112 deductible and turn in my old phone just to get a new phone? (AT&T). And I can only have 2 claims within a 12 month period?

What is this garbage?

Why do I have to turn in a phone that I paid over $400 for 2 years ago (Note 5) just to pay 9 bucks a month for 2 years straight then pay $112 for the deductible just to get a dumb Samsung S6? Where's the logic in this? I know at the end of the day it was me that "clicked the button" and submitted the claim, but come on!

I saw a thread on here about two months ago about home/renters insurance and how that OP thinks that insurance is pretty much a scam; well, I agree with that guy.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to point it out man, but you signed the contract and agreed to the terms and conditions.

If you didnt like it, you didnt have to do it!

Tylerc

Established Member
Most home insurances can put it on your policy as a rider. I have it on my home insurance for 15 dollars a year with no detectable and does not raise my house insurance if I file a claim.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
“Come on” what? Do you think companies have a duty to protect you from your own decision making?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Honestly, it's why I struggle to ever buy anything but an apple product. Applecare is above and beyond all of the crap that you deal with at best buy or the carriers.

I had to send my practically new S6 off with the best buy insurance I had once and it took them 30 days to process it and just refund my money. Luckily I had an old phone to use in the meantime, but they gave zero shits that I would've been phoneless for a whole month.

I immediately bought an iPhone with the refund, bought apple care for the hundred bucks, and have been happy since. Used it once and it cost a 100 bucks for a new phone. Completely worth it.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Thats why I roll the dice and don't pay for it. Always have my previous phone in my desk drawer in case I ever need it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to point it out man, but you signed the contract and agreed to the terms and conditions.

If you didnt like it, you didnt have to do it!

What he said.
The phone insurance is the biggest scam going.
I had it once, when I found out the deductible was $200 ( more than my phone was worth!) I promptly cancelled the service.
What a waste of $$$$

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There are some insurance companies that automatically have cellphone coverage built into it. No deductible and it's not a chargeable loss for that specific company.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Applecare is great, I've had a phone overnighted to me twice with no deductable/charge/anything.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Look into square trade. It's $99 for two years and covers everything except if you physically lose the phone. I believe the deductible is $50 too. I get it through Costco when I buy electronics through them but you can apply online for any new item also. I think it's the way to go for phone or TV insurance! Screw getting it through the providers (They didn't cover water damage the last time I tried to make a claim. Square Trade does cover that.)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Most home insurances can put it on your policy as a rider. I have it on my home insurance for 15 dollars a year with no detectable and does not raise my house insurance if I file a claim.

and suddenly this thread is interesting, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread