Cell phone F*ck up

nyk438

Established Member
Phones and water dont mix =\

Had my phone in my pants pocket and i threw those pants in the washer and washed my phone :bash:

Now I can upgrade again and get only 2 types of phones. Ones a Nokia 6340i or a Sony Ericsson T62u.

Anyone know anything about these phones? Is nokia a good brand or better than Sony?

heres the link of the 2 phones i can get.

http://onlinestore.cingular.com/web...12551&catalogId=12551&langId=-1&svcAreaId=SBC

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I'm not familiar w/ the phones but hopefully you're able to save the SIM card. That contains your phone book and such and typically it'll switch into your new phone w/out problem. Good luck.

GoatDaddy

that sucks. mine fell in the sink once, but amazingly enough kept working for awhile, then the screen went all heiroglyphicky.

Hey zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzer, I was in the AF from 96 to 2000 too. where were you stationed and what did you do?

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
I'm not familiar w/ the phones but hopefully you're able to save the SIM card. That contains your phone book and such and typically it'll switch into your new phone w/out problem. Good luck.

Wiat? SIM card? How do I get to it i have a Nokia 3360 right now.

SIM card what? :shrug:

zzzzzer

Established Member
nyk, typically on the back of a cell phone you'll see this little knob that you can turn with a flat head screw driver or something like that. Open the back of the phone and you'll see the battery, but you may have to lift the battery in order to see the circuitry board and/or SIM card.

The SIM card usually has the name of the cell phone carrier (like Cingular) and its a tiny rectangular-shaped card. Remove it from its little holding case and usually it'll slide into the little holding case in the back of your new phone. If everything's compatable (it usually is) you'll be able to turn on your new phone and have immediate access to your phone book. I hope that helps :) ; just switching SIM cards saved me from programming new numbers.

-------------------------------

50, I was back and forth between Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral, FL but spent a few months at Fort Hood, Warner-Robbins, and Wright-Patterson as well. '96-'00 must have been good years for the AF...lol :-D BTW, my field was pretty boring -- I was 6C051 (Contract Negotiations/Purchasing). Where were you? A lot of AF at the site. :)

Last edited:

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
nyk, typically on the back of a cell phone you'll see this little knob that you can turn with a flat head screw driver or something like that. Open the back of the phone and you'll see the battery, but you may have to lift the battery in order to see the circuitry board and/or SIM card.

The SIM card usually has the name of the cell phone carrier (like Cingular) and its a tiny rectangular-shaped card. Remove it from its little holding case and usually it'll slide into the little holding case in the back of your new phone. If everything's compatable (it usually is) you'll be able to turn on your new phone and have immediate access to your phone book. I hope that helps :) ; just switching SIM cards saved me from programming new numbers.

Thanks I'll try that

GoatDaddy

zzzzzer. Ft. Hood. That must've sucked. I was a J1C451 (TACP=forward air controller), stationed at Wheeler AFS, HI, with the Army 25th LID. I went TDY to quite a few bases in the CONUS, and my tech school was at Hurlburt Field in Ft. Walton Bch.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Lost my cell phone a week ago when I threw it to my girlfriend and it got swept out to sea in the current. I had for a long time anyways. It was a Nokia 3360 I believe, really shi*y. The battery only lasted 3 or 4 days at the most.

Well, I could have insurance pay for it ($50) for the same crap phone or renew my contract for a better one. I decided to renew for another 2 yrs. and got a deal on a new color Nokia (3595) $30 after rebate.
I highly recommend this phone. The battery lasted almost 10 days with moderate use and is very cool with color.
Oh yeah, my plan is with Cingular.

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
Lost my cell phone a week ago when I threw it to my girlfriend and it got swept out to sea in the current. I had for a long time anyways. It was a Nokia 3360 I believe, really shi*y. The battery only lasted 3 or 4 days at the most.

Well, I could have insurance pay for it ($50) for the same crap phone or renew my contract for a better one. I decided to renew for another 2 yrs. and got a deal on a new color Nokia (3595) $30 after rebate.
I highly recommend this phone. The battery lasted almost 10 days with moderate use and is very cool with color.
Oh yeah, my plan is with Cingular.

Well thats sort of what I'm doing. I talked to the customer service people and they said they can only upgrade me to something called Gates phones or Gate phones. Which includes the Sony and the Nokia. Yes I agree the 3360 is a pos, battery lasts 2-3days with me b/c i make around 10 calls a day. :shrug:

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I think the 3360 is a tdma phone like the at+t version. Not the gsm 3390. You probably don't have a sim card. Btw, those two phones are OK, but what price are they giving you on them?

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
zzzzzer. Ft. Hood. That must've sucked. I was a J1C451 (TACP=forward air controller), stationed at Wheeler AFS, HI, with the Army 25th LID. I went TDY to quite a few bases in the CONUS, and my tech school was at Hurlburt Field in Ft. Walton Bch.
Believe it or not, Ft. Hood had Warner Robbins beat but that's not saying much...lol :-D j/k You were TACP?! :eek: There's another TACP guy at the site also. Man, you guys have one kick azz field!! Looking back I should have taken EOD/Bomb Squad. Live and learn I suppose. Always nice to meet a fellow zoomie. :beer:

Sorry for the momentary thread hi-jacking, everyone.

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
ive had my little v90 forever, its been heavilly abused and washed twice, i just let it dry out for a couple of days:thumbsup:

Nice,

Would try for that except it would cost me $200 - $250 for me :eek:

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by 95Mike
I think the 3360 is a tdma phone like the at+t version. Not the gsm 3390. You probably don't have a sim card. Btw, those two phones are OK, but what price are they giving you on them?

The Sony one is free with a 2yr renewal, and the other one is 20 with a 2yr renewal.

CobraCallie

Banned
I just recently got the i95cl Nextel phone.. it has color and I swore never to go back to Nextel.. but they hooked me. This phone is great :thumbsup:

i95CL_LE3.jpg

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Jeez a cell phone is a freaking phone. Just pick the shortest contact and the cheapest price. Do you need a color screen or games, it is a freaking phone!

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I hate my cell................it's always the job on the other side of it! I rarely use it for personal use. i can feel the radiation going thru my head :D

I might develop a tumor

A

Users who are viewing this thread