CEL?

CobraG

Established Member
My CEL is on, when I turn the key off and on five times the CEL flashes seven times. Does anyone know what that means?
Also, is there a way to see what the CEL code is? I’d rather a DTC so I can look that up.

2013 Mustang GT

Thanks

TVSed GT

Established Member
Do you have a handheld tuner? Pull the code with that or stop in at advance or auto zone if not, they’ll read code for free. Post results up on here and one of the resident car geniuses will likely lead you in the right direction.

nxhappy

Established Member
#1 stop driving the car
#2 buy one of these: #3 report back here with the code

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Car hasn't moved, it's a weekend warrior, actually more of an occasional warrior. I'm on the fence with trading it for a 2019 so I don't want to put any money into a handheld.
Back in the day on different vehicles you could turn the key x number of times and a DTC would display. I'm guessing that's not a thing anymore.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
AutoZone will do it for free.

Are you seriously considering trading in your car over a SEL??

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Ok, got the codes from AutoZone.
They are:
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0030 HOS2 Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0135 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P050B Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance

I have other reasons for wanting to trade it, I go back and forth. I do love the 13/14 body style though, so I'll probably keep it.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

TVSed GT

Established Member
Replace both front O2 sensors, drink a couple beers and report back tomorrow.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Rock Auto has the Motorcraft O2 sensors fairly cheap. I know it's only bank 1 but as mentioned above just change both fronts and be done with it.

As for the last code I'd wait until the o2s are swapped and then try clearing it.

I have long tubes so this might be a little different but to access the passenger side I found it easiest to remove battery and tray to reach the connector, then remove sensor from underneath. The drivers side can be done under the car but damn reaching the connector was tight, not sure if my car being auto made it harder but I fought that sob for a minute.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CobraG

Established Member
That's it, cool. Thanks for the replies and help. I'll try to do that soon. It has LT's too, bought it like that. Thanks again for the description's, now if I can get under that thing, it's so low! I do have a tornado shelter I can drive over, done that before for other things.
Thanks again guys, I'll post back when it's done.

TVSed GT

Established Member
Have you had a chance to replace the o2s? Curious to see if this solves your issue

CobraG

Established Member
Not yet, my parents came to visit for Mothers Day this past weekend so I didn't get to do anything. I'm in the process of figuring out which O2's I'm going to go with. I'll post up the results though when it's done.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Bosch 17321, its the OE front o2 sensor only cheaper than the motorcraft version. Can be had for 50 bucks from rock auto.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread