CEL Light & Oil in Intake Elbow

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
hello

I did a search w/o much success and wanted to ask a tech question. My 00L is showing a Check Engine Light, so I looked under the hood, and noticed oil leaking around the air-filter housing, around the plastic tubing that runs from under the elbow to the passenger side of the upper blower plenum. I thought the MAF might have been exposed to oil, so I removed it and cleaned it with MAF cleaner even though it looked clean. Afterwards I cleaned up everything that had oil on it..... Before I did this I had the truck scanned at AutoZone and he mentioned something about Lean Banks 1&2, and when I showed him the oil under the hood I asked if oil in the MAF could cause this and he says it could be the problem.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Laurence

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
SVT

it seems as if there was too much oil in the intake elbow and it was escaping through the lines and filter housing. Would a vacuum leak cause this? The truck was running good with the light on.

Additionally, when i buttoned everything back up I made sure the 3 hoses under the intake elbow were secure.

Laurence

Users who are viewing this thread