CEL Help

DaBigBone

Established Member
So my car threw a CEL last week. Car is a 2014 M6, Offroad H, Airraid intake, lund tune for the last 500 miles. Car has 6200 miles total.

First code was a p0175. I've heard that bad gas can be a cause, I was low anyway, so I filled up and reset it. No issues for a while. Two nights ago light comes back on. This time its a p0172. I know the two codes are related so I didn't worry too much. Pulled the MAF and cleaned it really good. Reset the code. About 10 minutes of driving later it pops back up, this time it's back to the original p0175 code.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I see it can be a fuel system related issue but my fuel system is 100% stock, never messed with any part of it. Appreciate the help!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
You either have a vac leak or a faulty 02. You cleaned the maf so I would look for a vac leak. Make sure you mods bolts n clamps are tight. Look at the lines to see if they are cracked or unplugged.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Vac leak was my next guess but I started to rule it out since the intake has been on the car for 3k miles and haven't had any issues. I'll go back and triple check it all

GBCoyote

Established Member
Did you replace with Ford 02's or some cheap version? Make sure all your clamps on your intake are tight, MAF is in tight, double check your exhaust and make sure you don't have a leak there before your 02's also.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What do you have for a programmer? Monitor the O2's to see what they are doing. If they are not doing anything, then it's most likely the O2's. Being that you have bank 1 and 2 rich, I would also guess it's something other than the O2's as it's rare for both to just go bad at the same time.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Did you replace with Ford 02's or some cheap version? Make sure all your clamps on your intake are tight, MAF is in tight, double check your exhaust and make sure you don't have a leak there before your 02's also.

Stock sensors. Didn't replace with anything. I checked the exhaust as well. The car was driven 250 miles round trip after the exhaust was installed so i figured if that was the issue then it would have triggered it before now. I'll crawl under there again just to be 100%

What do you have for a programmer? Monitor the O2's to see what they are doing. If they are not doing anything, then it's most likely the O2's. Being that you have bank 1 and 2 rich, I would also guess it's something other than the O2's as it's rare for both to just go bad at the same time.

X4. I've been told that these codes don't mean the sensors went bad necessarily, especially both sides at the same time like this. Never thought to run a log and see what pops up. Thanks for the advice I'll give that a shot

DaBigBone

Established Member
Bringing this back up.. Checked the exhaust for leaks before the O2 and also triple checked for any leaks under the hood. Couldn't find anything. Ran the car for about 100 miles over the weekend with no issues then just this morning the CEL popped back on. This time it's showing both codes at the same time

GBCoyote

Established Member
I would run some datalogs for your tuner and let him have a look. If you FOR SURE don't have any vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, intake is hooked up properly, you may have a look at your plugs. I'm honestly surprised you didn't find a leak somewhere.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Going to run some logs this week and see how they look. I was honestly expecting to find a leak as well...

Users who are viewing this thread