CDC light bar

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Just finished up installing a CDC light bar in my 2003 cobra only to find out that the wires are wired wrong inside the light bar and I keep blowing my brake fuses in my car! Wondering if any else has had this problem? I thought CDC light bars were good? I am pretty disappointed as now I have to wait for another one coming from American muscle 2-3 days plus the weekend! Any thoughts?

SpectorV

Established Member
thats very odd, I wouldnt think it would matter, its two wires only~ that sucks :( ive never heard of this on anyone elses car.

Did you wire in the light turn off switch or just the bar straight to the power source (so the light is always on top up or down)

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
We tired to wire it both ways with nothing. The light bar never came on! We even tried to just hook it up to a small battery and it sparked at the wires. Also check the power and ground wire from the light bar with volt meter and it was grounding out, which told us the wires were touching bare inside the light bar. I had a professional install it and check it? Very unusual, and very unhappy am I!

GTIZZL

Established Member
I hope this isn't going to be a problem. I am waiting for mine to be delivered. I hope you get it worked out.

SpectorV

Established Member
yea thats very very odd, sounds like an install issue that they dont usually see (wire got messed up and is touching the other wire).

You can ask for them without the CDC logo/emblem (its ugly) as well when ordering for those that have not yet placed the order. Just call them and order it and ask then.

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Ya def not real happy either. I just called American muscle and they we supposed to send out another one last Thursday........ Well somehow they screwed up and never sent it out? So its going out tomorrow since I called......... Come on man!!!!!! I have had good service with them but not real happy this time.

ChiefP

03 Vert
Established Member
Did a lot of research before I bought mine. Never seen either before...wire issue or poor customer service from AM.

AMWill

04OrangePeel,

It looks like there was a hidden mix-up in our system that caused a lot of confusion and a huge delay in the shipping! For some reason, the Light Bar Switches kept appearing to be out of stock for only our warehouse, when our Mustang Experts were seeing a few available. This caused the Warehouse to keep catching the order and putting it on hold until they come back in stock. It's standard for all of our parts to ship at the same time, unless noted otherwise. That is why the Light Bar and Switch did not ship when expected to, and caused some confusion on our end.

However, it looks like the last Mustang Expert caught the mistake. The Light Bar was upgraded to next day shipping yesterday morning and is expected to arrive today! Meanwhile, the Light Bar Switches did come back in stock this morning and one was mailed via USPS, right away. You should have received an email this morning with a tracking number for the Light Bar switch, as well.

I'm very sorry for having to deal with this long process! Mistakes in our system are extremely rare, which why it caused so much confusion with the shipping dates. I really hope this hasn't impacted your opinion about AmericanMuscle and we continue to do business in the future!

If there's anything else you need or something I can help with, please let me know. I'd love to show you how good our Customer Service truly is!

Shane

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Thanks to Shane and Matt I finally received a new light bar. I hooked it up and it worked great. I guess CDC had a bad apple in the bunch. Yes it took way to long but it's all handled now. I will def order some more parts from them in the near future.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
So went to install my lightbar this weekend. And you really shouldn't be afraid of getting the brackets on 100% because there is alot of leeway to adjust.

I accidently drilled out the speaker hole instead of the pilot hole. G-damnit. So be carefull about that.

I just have to drill the holes in my plastic peices, and fit her on and wire'r up!

Users who are viewing this thread