CDC Light bar: Seat Belt Loop Question

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
Hey--

I just had my CDC light bar installed and had them remove the old seat belt loops instead of modifying them. I bought 2 new ones; however, I went to put them in (using the old bolts) and the threads are way too tight--feels like it is stripping.

Anyone else buy the two modified seat belt loops--I believe they are Roush...

Any tricks?

Silverboost

Established Member
i just removed them all together...looks much better without them. I know this isn't helping your situation though. Have you tried to reinsert the bolts without the new loops to see if they go in? If you have the threads messed up just retap them.

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
i just removed them all together...looks much better without them. I know this isn't helping your situation though. Have you tried to reinsert the bolts without the new loops to see if they go in? If you have the threads messed up just retap them.

I did try. They go in about 3 turns and then stop...I may just leave them off.

antiv6

Established Member
what is supposed to be modified? i got my car with the lightbar on it and stiill have the loops

zonk22

Established Member
I bought the roush parts also, they were cheaper than the 94-95 vert parts that roush used to make them with. I also bought new bolts

black 10th vert

Established Member
I did the Roush ones in mine, and they look MUCH better than the big goofy stockers! My bolts went in tight too, but I was able to get them all the way in. I think they are just tough because they are going into plastic (like trying to tighten a nyloc nut).

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
I bought the roush parts also, they were cheaper than the 94-95 vert parts that roush used to make them with. I also bought new bolts

Any idea of the size?

I did the Roush ones in mine, and they look MUCH better than the big goofy stockers! My bolts went in tight too, but I was able to get them all the way in. I think they are just tough because they are going into plastic (like trying to tighten a nyloc nut).

Ok, I may just have to gove it another try.

RoadRash

Established Member
ttt - Any pics of these Roush loops? The CDC bar was on my car when I got it and it has these triangle shaped loops and the guy I bought it from included the stock round loops (are the stock ones round?) as well .. Any pics of the stockers bent like cdc recommends?

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm almost positive you can turn them upside down to get more room. I just took mine off and put the bolts back in the holes....it looks so much better.

RoadRash

Established Member
Ok, I found pics of the Roush seat belt guides. They are the ones I have on the car and they hit on the pass side (prob driver side as well but my seat doesnt go back that far). The belt also pops off the guide b/c of the large opening at the top .. this really pisses me off.

Roush seat belt guide

I'll try flipping the stockers as well as the Roush's and see how that does. Anyone have any other alternatives (besides removing them) .. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread