CDC GT500 Upper - Do you get asked what happened to your Grille?

Sizeth3

Established Member
Just curious, I love the look of my CDC GT500 Upper and Cervinis lower. I added them to increase airflow while installing a Procharger Stage 2 system. They seem to do a great job, as my IATs never seem to get much higher than ambient.

Capture.JPG

GT500 Grille 2.JPG

I constantly get asked what happened to my Grille lol. I think people think I have removed it, and plan on reinstalling it at some point?

Has anyone added an emblem to their setup to make it look more "finished"? I think the fact that you can see my intercooler bracket through the grille isn't helping my cause :). I did paint it black so it would be less obvious.

Canadian5.0

Established Member
I've got the same upper/lower with the mesh installed in the middle. Looks good and adds a little bit of rad protection.

demas

Established Member
Guys can you please post some pics with your grilles? I'm still debating on this

4VFTW

Established Member
I tell them I sucked a toddler into it and it got knocked out. I painted my brackets as well and had a tri-bar pony emblem on the passenger side for awhile , but I like it better without.

Vert

Established Member
I tell them I sucked a toddler into it and it got knocked out. I painted my brackets as well and had a tri-bar pony emblem on the passenger side for awhile , but I like it better without.

I've pulled 2 dead birds out of my lower so far, but no toddlers yet. They keep laying down as I drive over them, but I think my chin spoiler clips them.

Vert

Established Member
Wow it looks amazing man! How did you add the pony?
I used an old pony emblem off a grille and stuck double sided tape to the back of it. Then I placed it on the condenser (which is silver stock)and spray painted the area black. Once you remove the emblem, you'll have a silver pony.
If your condenser is already black, you can spray paint the area silver first then add the emblem and then black spray paint.

demas

Established Member
I used an old pony emblem off a grille and stuck double sided tape to the back of it. Then I placed it on the condenser (which is silver stock)and spray painted the area black. Once you remove the emblem, you'll have a silver pony.
If your condenser is already black, you can spray paint the area silver first then add the emblem and then black spray paint.

Didn't think about it, cool man!!

Users who are viewing this thread