CD Stuck

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
I put a burned cd in the stock cd player and now it wont turn on and i cant get the cd out, wtf?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Does the radio work? Did you check your fuses. Seems to me if you disconnect the battery the cd will eject.

dlt85

Established Member
My cd player used to do that but it would wake-up from time to time and act normal. I would just replace it before you lose a real good cd.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but I would bang the crap out of the side of the console and it would stop it's nonsense.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but I would bang the crap out of the side of the console and it would stop it's nonsense.

That is completely normal in a mustang. :-D

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
my cd player does this with burned cds, too. I think it has a problem reading some of the cds. Just keep turning it on and off until it spits the bitch out. It took me a while to get one out.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:

Well i've done that to:beer:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
my alpine unit does this too, I dont know exactly what I do to fix it but I just take the unit out, take it apart, put it back together, plug it back in, and the cd comes right out.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
My factory unit did that every once in a while. I just got some hemostats (sp?) and pulled it out. Hasn't done it in a while though.

hollywood43

Established Member
Mine does it consistently. I usually hit the eject button and then take another CD and start to put it in the slot. Then the other CD pops out real easy. Not sure what is going on it there but that trick seems to work every time.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
i just disconnected the battery and then it came right out, and after that i wanted to see if the cd worked so i put it in again and it worked fine, ****en weird

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
you can also try pressing the eject button several times while you turn the stereo off, and then if that doesnt work the do the same thing while you turn it back on, i would do that before i got my new ipod ready stereo :rockon:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Marcello96 said:
i just disconnected the battery and then it came right out, and after that i wanted to see if the cd worked so i put it in again and it worked fine, ****en weird

Glad to here you got it out:beer:

95kobrah

Established Member
My CD player used to do that (stock mach 460), so i took it apart, took the CD out, and noticed that a spring that is part of the ejecting gizmos was hung up on another piece of metal... i seperated the stuck pieces and it all clicked back in place, put it all back together and she's worked great ever since, just another idea incase yours starts doing it again

Users who are viewing this thread