CD player

kecker

Established Member
Sooooo after many times of jumping my car I decided to get a new battery. As soon as I reconnected the new battery I heard a loud clicking noise coming from inside the car. I goto look and it's the cd changer. It sounds like it tries to change but it can't? If I hit any button that has to do with the CD player (eject, cd, load) it says initializing but then doesn't do anything. It's a shaker 1000 if that helps. Any ideas on how to get this "unstuck?"

Btw I've tried using another cd to get it unstuck and it hasn't helped. And also reconnected the battery just to see if that would.

Thanks in advanced

It's always SOMETHING with cars *sigh*

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hate to break it to you, but it's broken.

Common on the 07-09's.

kecker

Established Member
cd players are gay, use mp3 lol

While yes they are gay, everytime I get in the car it does 3 cycles of that annoying sound so I'm deff getting it changed out.

I bought the car used with an extended warranty and it's still in that window. They should deff cover it right?
I'm taking it the end of the week but I'd like to know before hand. The stealership is the stealership after all.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While yes they are gay, everytime I get in the car it does 3 cycles of that annoying sound so I'm deff getting it changed out.

I bought the car used with an extended warranty and it's still in that window. They should deff cover it right?
I'm taking it the end of the week but I'd like to know before hand. The stealership is the stealership after all.

I'd be surprised if it's covered.

nxhappy

Established Member
Hmmmm, how do you do that - streaming from your phone? Never tried it, but sounds like a very good idea. How does it sound? I have an '11 with the Nav package, so I can connect with the phone via Bluetooth, is this what you are suggesting?

Thanks

If you have the aux port from an aftermarket CD player, or the stock aux port in the armrest compartment, you can plug your phone in with a jack and play Pandora straight from your phone. but you are going to use up a shit load of data on your phone lol.

kecker

Established Member
depending on the coverage you bought it may or may not be covered by the warranty.

Just checked my "500 components" under the premium care warranty. It does say digital CD player so I'm thinking I'm in good shape I'll find out Saturday!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This is indeed a common problem with S197 sound systems and not simply some internet conspiracy. The design of some of these units is clearly faulty, as evidenced by the sheer number of similar failures. They were not ready for prime time yet were given the green light. Once the CD portion of the radio starts to self actualize and starts playing with itself at will, car battery life is handed a death sentence.

punisherser

the real STIG
Established Member
Hmmmm, how do you do that - streaming from your phone? Never tried it, but sounds like a very good idea. How does it sound? I have an '11 with the Nav package, so I can connect with the phone via Bluetooth, is this what you are suggesting?

Thanks
I have an '09 it has an aux connection on the center console. I just use the aux cable, and it sounds great. I have a pod for my phone so I can place it near the dash where it is easier to change songs without getting distracted.

sedanman

Established Member
Is there a way to get it to stop cycling, I don't use the CD player and as long as the radio and aux work I am good to go.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is there a way to get it to stop cycling, I don't use the CD player and as long as the radio and aux work I am good to go.

Nope. Every time you start the car it will cycle 3-4 times.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Actually, I believe there is. I looked at the harness carefully when I pulled my NAV unit out and swapped my original '09 Shaker500 unit back in. I believe you can remove power to the CD drive but still have the remainder of the unit function. Pulling it to gain access to the rear of the unit is the first thing you'd need to do.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
mine does the same thing. the cd player has never worked while ive owned it. i just use the radio or plug my phone in and run pandora but the cycling is annoying.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you dont drive your shelby much, keep it on a battery tender.

Users who are viewing this thread