CD Player Help

LaFlavor

Established Member
Can't really find a better forum for this:

Ejected a CD last night, no problems.

Went to put it back in (ejected the wrong one) and got a "CD Error" message. Tried switching to a different disc, same problem, "CD Error". Tried ejecting them all, no luck. Tried unhooking the battery for a minute, no luck. CD door doesn't open, nothing seems to happen at all. Manually opened the CD door, can't see any cd's stuck anywhere. I'm out of ideas.

Anybody on here seen this problem before, or have any ideas? Is it hosed?

Thanks.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
same problem here. when i try to eject the disc it says cd error. so its pretty sweet, i cant eject, play or load cds!

i want to shoot it!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I read and was told that if any of them are home made/burned cd's that may be your problem. The ones you use to burn at home are thicker than the ones that are mass manufactured by the record companies. I have lost 2 cd players in my wife's T-bird just as you are describing. Third one is acting up now. This may be your problem.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
Can't really find a better forum for this:

Ejected a CD last night, no problems.

Went to put it back in (ejected the wrong one) and got a "CD Error" message. Tried switching to a different disc, same problem, "CD Error". Tried ejecting them all, no luck. Tried unhooking the battery for a minute, no luck. CD door doesn't open, nothing seems to happen at all. Manually opened the CD door, can't see any cd's stuck anywhere. I'm out of ideas.

Anybody on here seen this problem before, or have any ideas? Is it hosed?

Thanks.

I just had the exact same experience last month, usually it would correct itself but this time no luck, so I tried to disassemble the cd player and fix it myself, LOL, there were so many mechanical pieces in that thing it was a joke, so to make a long story short I retrieved my cd's that were inside of it and went to Best Buy and purchased a $150 Pioneer deck :beer:

LaFlavor

Established Member
Sounds like a need a new unit. Ah well. An upgrade in the sound system is still an upgrade, right?

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
same thing happened to me with a burned cd, i just smacked the head unit (probably not the best idea) but the cd did eject. :shrug: havent put a burnt cd in after that.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
When I eject a CD sometimes it gets stuck and gives the CD error message. I can see the disc come up to the loading slot but hangs up. I have to get a tiny screwdriver and poke and pry the CD to dislodge it. The eject motor will usually power the CD out after I unfreeze it.

LaFlavor

Established Member
When I eject a CD sometimes it gets stuck and gives the CD error message. I can see the disc come up to the loading slot but hangs up. I have to get a tiny screwdriver and poke and pry the CD to dislodge it. The eject motor will usually power the CD out after I unfreeze it.

Yeah, mine isn't even getting that far.

I know almost nothing about car audio. Can anyone point me to a very basic guide or something. Like, is the disc changer, receiver, and head unit all part of one component?

Users who are viewing this thread