CD Error?

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Hey guys, so on my way back home today I tried to eject a disk in my stock 6 disk cd player and all that would pop up is "CD Error." Now it won't even let me play any cd's or eject them. The CD player looks like it's open, like it's trying to eject or load a cd, but won't do it. I searched around and didn't find what I was looking for, anybody else have this happen? Thanks guys.

LS1_KILLA

Banned
Hey guys, so on my way back home today I tried to eject a disk in my stock 6 disk cd player and all that would pop up is "CD Error." Now it won't even let me play any cd's or eject them. The CD player looks like it's open, like it's trying to eject or load a cd, but won't do it. I searched around and didn't find what I was looking for, anybody else have this happen? Thanks guys.

it must be a burnt disc. thats the only CD's that get stuck. you'll have to take a junk reg cd, and slide it over top of the stuck CD and pull up to wedge it against the other cd, and slowly pull out.. frequent problem with the Ford 6 Disc CD player..

03snakenvtn

Established Member
it must be a burnt disc. thats the only CD's that get stuck. you'll have to take a junk reg cd, and slide it over top of the stuck CD and pull up to wedge it against the other cd, and slowly pull out.. frequent problem with the Ford 6 Disc CD player..

Sounds like an easy enough fix, I know there's at least a couple burnt disks in the player, so you're probably right. I'll try that out in the morning when I've actually got some light. Thanks ls1_killa.

LS1_KILLA

Banned
Sounds like an easy enough fix, I know there's at least a couple burnt disks in the player, so you're probably right. I'll try that out in the morning when I've actually got some light. Thanks ls1_killa.

Its a lil tricky.. you might have to play with it a little, but you'll be able to get it to come out after a few tries..

no problem man

gt032v

Established Member
My 03 gt I sold did the same thing to me ALL the time...I kept a pair of tweezers with me everywhere I went.

03sm3341

Established Member

What he said. Mine does it too.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Wow, never had a problem with mine. I always used burnt cd's too. Just change to a alpine, sounds like you need to do the same.

divided

Established Member
Mine does it too. At first it was only cd2, now its the other ones as well. Freakin annoying, especially when you cant get the cd out and cant use it. Ill tell you one thing, keys do not work for crap trying to nudge the cd out! lol.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Wow I didn't know the stock deck was so crappy. I'm not big into having a huge system or anything in my car, so I like the stock look and the 6-disk capability. Guess I'll just have to invest in a pair of tweezers... sigh

divided

Established Member
Its not too big of a deal. After all it is a 6 disc, so its not like your changing cd's everyday. At least I dont.

Users who are viewing this thread