CD deck removal.. now volume really low

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Ok, i tried searching this but nothing on this issue. I removed the CD deck to day for a switch plate to go in its place. Once i disconnected the CD deck and started the car up and turned the radio on I had no volume. Well i could hear it but when turned all the way up it was quiet like it was only turned up 2 bars

So what gives? the amps dont run threw the cd deck correct? Help me out guys

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
On the wireing harness that goes to the car's side, connect the bule/white wire to the bule/white wire on the radios harness.

If there isnt a blue/white wire on the radio's harness connect them to the Red wire ( car's side) it should be a grey grey plug.

If that doesnt work, post you brand and model of radio and well see what we can figure out.

Last edited:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I believe those have factory amps, you may have blown fuse to amp.. double check I havent had a 98 for a few years now. I know on mine when I turn radio on volume starts off low then u can hear amp kick on, and volume returns to normal

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
check your manual or check online I can't remember. There should be a light on the amp that comes on when powered up..I think??

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I've wired up a ton of car stereos, amps and subs, and i tell ya...unless you're keeping the MACH460 stock, it's a PITB to work with. It can be really finicky like this all the time. Bose's component set's wouldn't be far behind toe MACH.

Hope someone else can help you along here. I'm a total virgin with the MACH system.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i was lookin at the wires that go to the cd deck, no blue/white. Am I supposed to be looking elsewhere for it?

I figured I could just remove the cd player and nothing would change

The stereo is completely stock. I just inplugged the cd deck cause i dont use it

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
ok, on the car side look for a blue/white wire on the harness... Tie that into the Red wire ( that should connect from the radio to the car harness)

There will be 3 wires connected together there... 2 red wires and 1 blue/white from the grey harness that connects to your car.

Users who are viewing this thread