CC plates..which do u recommend?

svtcobra101

Established Member
hey guys, bought UPR's "new" 1pc steel bearing retainer 4 bolt cc plates(blk) for my 04 cobra.#2014-4...ok i put them on..took about a hour or so, got the car aligned..when im cruising they clunk, sounds like the front ends falling apart..open the hood push down on the front end and u can hear them clunk(strut bolts are tight) i still have the stock member on it..car is dropped w/ a set of eibachs..should i have gone with another brand?

i put the stock plates back on and its quiet..

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports; or if you're not running coil overs and the car only sees street use...I strongly suggest that you look into the Hotchkis cc plates. They utilize poly bushings instead of the spherical bearing and will give you a stronger plate and better feel; but without the potential noise and impact harshness of the bearing.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
MM CC plates for me. If you have the clunk you may need another strut spacer under the CC plate to get rid of the play.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Most people I know run MM great price and look good I have the Hotchkis Delta plates lil more cash (not too much) look great and do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread