CC plates vs GT 500 strut mounts?

bullet3z

Established Member
I need a little help here. What is the difference between the GT 500 strut mounts and the Steeda Heavy duty upper strut mounts or any of the CC plates? Which one is better for a 2013 GT? Is there anything else needed to run either one? I want to lower the car and probably run the Koni yellows or STR-Ts

The only thing that I can see is that people run the GT 500 mounts because they are cheaper. But they need to run struts from the older body style cars. Is this right?

I am not as worried about price and I am worried about doing it right the first time around.

04snakie

Established Member
Steeda has nice products but unless you are about to do some heavy auto crossing I wouldn't get them. My combo on my 2014 is mm plates with factory replacment mounts (not gt500) along with beefcake's stange/Viking combo that made for the 2013/2014 coyotes. I have put 1500 miles on set up so far and rides great with no popping at all.

hutch311

Established Member
For what your doing go with the gt500 upper strut mounts. If you turn them 180 during install you won't even need camber bolts.

2002whitegt

Established Member
I'm happy with the GT500 mounts on my 2013 GT.

You will need to use 05-09 style struts to use the GT500 mounts on your 2013 GT, I'm happy with my eibach sportlines and struts and shocks.

bullet3z

Established Member
Steeda has nice products but unless you are about to do some heavy auto crossing I wouldn't get them. My combo on my 2014 is mm plates with factory replacment mounts (not gt500) along with beefcake's stange/Viking combo that made for the 2013/2014 coyotes. I have put 1500 miles on set up so far and rides great with no popping at all.

What are mm plates? So you are running the struts for a 13/14 GT and not the older style with that setup?

bullet3z

Established Member
Are the older struts shorter with less travel? What makes them different from the 13/14 struts?

Jabooh1

Established Member
The GT500 mounts are good for the older style shocks. The Steeda HD CC plates are tough (I have them) but unless you need adjustment they aren't required.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Im running MM CC plates with 11-14 specific Koni Yellows, had camber bolts before. Cant say enough good things about the Camber plates, car feels so much more solid, not to mention the adjustability.

Users who are viewing this thread