catted x or off road???

10thcoupe

Banned
looking to get a xpipe soon. what do u guys think? i do NOT have emissions testing by me. so going by sound and performance, whats your vote? lethal o/r x or just a x with stock cats

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i hate the way an X-pipe makes these cars sound, especially the o/r pipes. the sound is WAY too raspy. i say get an H-pipe...

ViciousJay

Established Member
wait for mac prochamber

ill bet 75% of the people are gonna waste their money on X's and H's only to finally settle on a prochamber

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I say wait for the aftermarket to come out for more options. I always had an x-pipe with previous mustangs but I may go with an H-pipe this time around.

I have always heard of the MAC prochamber mid-pipe. Never heard one in person. Everyone loves them so they must be badass. Hey viciousjay, you sure they are coming out with a prochambered midpipe?

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I believe you will get a check engine light because your eliminating your cats and sensors, the retune will take care of that problem.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i have a brand new catted x from magnaflow. BNIB!! im selling it for 600 shipped. the cost 800 from anywhere else

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
orX

I have full factory exhaust front to back with the exception of swapping out for the lethal orx pipe and i love it....depending on what you want sound wise you should start from their as thats the quitest your gonna get it and go from their.....im gonna swap out the factory resonators for some welded in pipe just to get that extra 15-20% of loudness out of my exhaust...as it sits now its about 20% louder without the cats and a noticeable difference, throaty under acceleration bit not obnoxious in anyway, cruising around the cars beside you know its a 5.0(not just by looking at the fender badges) and probably not to fack around with you....i wanna go with the magnaflow 3" Competition Catback but that will be a 100% increase in loudness and probably a bit much for me to want on a daily basis so i may put it in and weld in a set of aftermarket resonators to get the tone and loudness set where i want it....

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
it is

the magnaflow system isnt as loud as everyone thinks
once you go offroad its prolly one of the loudest out their, but you are right with stock cats my old 05GT wasnt that loud with the magnapack catback until i dumped the cats and it was crazy loud....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9sgiQ5K_Q"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust Sound Clip[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhRBCziQ6s"]YouTube - Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ 3" Magnaflow Competition Catback 2011 5.0L Mustang GT[/nomedia]

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I say wait for the aftermarket to come out for more options. I always had an x-pipe with previous mustangs but I may go with an H-pipe this time around.

I have always heard of the MAC prochamber mid-pipe. Never heard one in person. Everyone loves them so they must be badass. Hey viciousjay, you sure they are coming out with a prochambered midpipe?

yes sir, they are in fact coming out

zilla8

Established Member
I really love my combo and It's not that loud unless you get on it :) It has that old school muscle car sound and I get lots of compliments.

if you just add the Magnaflow X-pipe and highflow cats you will have my exact set up.

I dont have any good sound clips and you need to hear it in person to see just how awesome the sound is.

here is a short in car clip I made awhile back

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Vfq_Qed8c"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT nite ride[/nomedia]

Intervention302

Established Member
Catless midpipes just never sound right to me...

Catted X is the way to go in my book. Some also dont like the "gas" smell with no cats

Users who are viewing this thread