Catted Prochamber Installed tonight

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Well it's on and no leaks (I don't think anyway.) What a PITA to install...:cuss: Another set of hands would have been a big help.

SOTP says WOW. Definately a power increase, I am very suprised at how much harder the car pulls now... probably even more than any other other mod I have done so far. No loss of low end torque either which I was worried about. The power increase definately suprised me, very nice.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the sound. I really liked the exhaust note I had with the stock H. Very deep and bassy. I don't have my camera here or I'd post a clip. I will post one tomorrow when I get my camera. It's hard to explain but when I just rest my foot on the gas and give it like 1/8 pedal it sounds "airy" instead of deep like before. Also the 2K drone now sounds more...v-6'y. That's really the best way to describe it. At 2K doesnt sound as much like a V8 to me. When I stomp on it, it sounds very much like it did with the stock H (atleast from in the car) but louder, and more angry. Great sound! I will have to have my woman take it around the block tomorrow so I can hear what it sounds like outside the car.

Ground clearance at the lowest point, which is the hi-flow cats, is 3.5 inches and I am lowered about an inch and a quarter with my cut springs.

I love the power increase, but not nuts about what it did to my exhaust note. I need more time to decide if it stays or goes I think...

Anyway....there's my review after 10 minutes of driving after the install.

Last edited:

svtmassa

Established Member
IMO prochamber sounds best with mac or flowmaster catback. i had it with my mac catback and it was awesome, not so good with my magnaflow catback

whitevenom99

Established Member
I have an uncatted one on mac longtubes and with a mac catback. I think it sounds good and I know the neighbors hate me when i wrk days 530 in the mornin startin my car. I think you either love the prochamber sound or you hate it.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
update

It's definately growing on me and it has gotten more deep and bassy after putting about 30 miles on it. My only concern is the 3.5" of ground clearance at the hi-flow cats. I wedged scrap wood under the car to keep it up as high as I could while I tightened everything down. I don't think I could get it much higher and I am definately not going back to that 4X4 look... I will just have to be careful from now on I think. Definately sounding better after it has broken in and I am loving the power increase.

I think it's stayin. :pepper:

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have been thinking of going catted pro-chamber and mac/flowmaster catback. Would you recommend getting the prochamber or would you say get an H?

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
depends

It depends on what you want.

The catted prochamber will actually make idle-1600rpms slighly more quiet than stock. It changes the exhaust note though and adds a cam lope type sound to it though. At high RPMS its like a cross between an xpipe and stock sounding, still pretty deep and bassy though.

All aftermarket Hs I have heard mostly make the exhaust note louder and more "loose." So instead of like 10 different notes at different rpms you have like 5. The exhaust sound changes pitch less at different rpms.

Good luck finding a catted prochamber btw. They don't make them anymore. www.mustangsunlimited.com is where I got mine but they are sold out now.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
never been a fan of the PCs.

and its almost impossible to get that sound out of a 4.6L Mod motor. Nothing beats a cammed big block IMO

Users who are viewing this thread