• Non-Catted

Votes: 76 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
Non catted.

As soon as I get everything squared away with the clutch :rolleyes: I am starting with an o/r x-pipe and some nice magnas.

John

BiZ

Established Member
306Stang said:
NO cats!!!!!!

damn, how can you be into cars and not like the smell of a off road exhaust??

Because it smells bad. Especially here in "Humid" Florida. My ZR-1 was cat-less. This one will remain catted. I hated going for a hour and a half beach cruise and having to take a shower afterwards because I smelled like exhaust.

Next question is does MAC make a catted prochamber?

Last edited:

pvteye

Established Member
they make them, but apparently hard to find, no smell here in humid Alabama.. and it is a Vert...

RiffRaff04

Established Member
I help put on a friends o/r prochamber about 2 weeks ago. He is also running the borla stingers. That thing sounds like a beast. Needless to say im thinking of ditching the magnaflows.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
They make a catted one.... Its the same as the GT... MAC only states that their only a GT because it makes it harder for resale use... Hard to find, equals more people buy some from the factory... Same style. I'm getting a catted one here soon. Anyone want to buy an o/r bassani x pipe?

Vox

Master of Oversteer
Established Member
Cats for sure... There is minimal power gain and if you want it "Arrest me loud" just order an MRT Cat'd H.

The Smell and in most places the legality of it makes it a no brainer.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Cats here. It still is loud as hell with my SLP Loudmouth 1's, much louder than with the cat-back alone, and I could tell a bit of performance difference. I will see what happens the next time I roll onto a dyno.

Jpjr

Established Member
cost me $150 more, but what the hell i just got my bonus.. i ordered one of the last 2 stainless catted prochambers ever made by mac for our cars. they said they only sold one batch because they were too expensive to produce. i'm really happy because i don't ever plan on selling my car and really wanted a full stainless exhaust like all the x-pipe guys get to have.

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
i have the borla stingers right now and i just ordered the mac o/r h-pipe. how much louder does the h-pipe make the exhaust? is there any way possible for emissions that i could get around not changing out the h-pipe?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
eleanorsvtcobra said:
i have the borla stingers right now and i just ordered the mac o/r h-pipe. how much louder does the h-pipe make the exhaust?..snip
it makes it MUCH louder and MUCH deeper. i have the stingers with a MRT catted H and it made it much louder and deeper with cats. I love the sound

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
thanks lthlblu im getting it put on this saturday so im pretty fricken pumped. i forgot to order the damn sensor extensions though so i had to order them the other day so hopefully theyll get here without problems or ill be pissed.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Isn't ANYONE interested in how much HP they will gain? Or is it just noise? :poke:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
If I have a Diablo Predator do I still need "MIL Eliminators" if I go with an off-road pipe?

TorchedCoupe

Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
If I have a Diablo Predator do I still need "MIL Eliminators" if I go with an off-road pipe?
You can just use the Predator to turn off your rear 02 sensors, therefore you wont need MIL eliminators..

Users who are viewing this thread