Cats or no cats

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Hey all
On my car I have long tubes, pypes high-flow xpipe, and then Heartthrob Flowpack exhaust from there. Right now the car is hilariously loud and I'm okay with that. Car can be CLEARLY heard from 3 miles away. I'm okay with the volume. Thing is I also have pypes catless xpipe sitting in my shed right now. I've heard that going catless makes the car super raspy, which I don't want. Right now it doesn't really have a deep muscle car tone but is a bit more higher pitch. Everyone tells me it sounds like a race car. Will going catless change it much? Will I gain a lot of rasp? Also will I see any power gains? just have exhaust/intake right now making 435rwhp but going nitrous soon. Thanks!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
When I had gt500s and went catless the tone changed a little. It became a little raspy not in a bad way though. I eventually got tired of the sound thought and found something better.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I mean it didn't sound bad, but one of the reasons why I'm not running it now is because my off road x doesn't reduce to 2.75 it stays 3". So I had to run a lap bad clamp. Well the only one I could find was very thin and it caused the whole exhaust to move. I haven't really gotten around to getting a 2.75" stainless pipe and having it welded.

TheBorkinator

Established Member
My main worry is that because my car is already higher pitch than normal that the increased rasp would sound terrible. Thing is most people go from stock to catless, while I'd be going from high-flow cats to no cats. Not sure if there would really even be much difference.

Last edited:

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Removing the cats will make a more raspy sound. Some people people like the rasp, others don't. The power gain from decatting will be minimal, especially if you have a high flow currently on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread