Catoctin Mountain Cruise 10/24/2004

cyphergirl

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
Looks like there is going to be some showers tomorrow. I heard there is another cruise tomorrow that is meeting at a park and ride near Baltimore off of 70. Is this true?

2nd Annual Forced Induction cruise. Meeting at 1pm at the Route 70 / Route 695 Park & Ride. Departing at 2pm, I believe, for a cruise out west to an undisclosed location (with food & fun awaiting). If the weather clears up, I'll be out at the Park & Ride taking pics -- it's about 2 minutes from my house.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Had a great time on the cruise today. Got to see two beautiful '96 mystichrome cobras.

Hopefully we can still have more meets/cruises before the wet stuff turns into the white stuff. Thanks for organizing it Free-State SVTOA.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I also had a great time today although the weather kinda sucked, it was cool just getting together and hanging out. Thanks for helping me work on my car JR, it ran great coming home. Good luck with the new baby on the way Troy, keep us updated if he comes early.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra330
Let me know if we reschedule our own cruise...I would still like to be apart of one!

Hopefully we can still have more meets/cruises before the wet stuff turns into the white stuff.

I agree. We could do a pre-Thanksgiving cruise??? Anybody strongly opposed? I know some people travel during the pre-Thanksgiving time, but I'm guessing we could make it at a time when everyone (or most everyone) could make it. :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Really sorry that the weather put a damper on this event! Of the 14 MACA members committed, only Hissssnsvt, JRS BLOWN COBRA, and 2004svtcobra (The Northerner's!!!), were able to make it.

Going to try and send out a mass e-mail to all MACA members tonight about possible re-scheduling of the cruise, latest on the MATA Forum, Amazon dyno day, and a "sample" yearly calendar.....

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I might be in for a cruise pre-Thanksgiving..depends on the weather!

Looking forward to the e-mail tonight Iron Terp!

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dwight, Another cruise sounds great. Yesterday's cruise was for road racers. It was very wet out and many leaves on the road. It was a little fast for my idea of a cruise in the mountains. 50-65 mph through the corners. It was cool to meet other enthusiasts. Had a great time at the picnic and afterwards Ken, Troy and his wife Erica stopped by my place to hang for a bit. It was a great day afterall. We watched Buffalo get beat while tinkering on Ken's Terminator.

I'm sure with the group of people we have in MACA, that we will have many days made well by the people in attendance, even on rainy, snowy days!!!!

Ken, talk to ya soon.
Troy and Erica, hope to see ya's again before the little one comes to town! It's going to be very busy, in a good way, when he does!!!

J.R.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I will be going on the cruise this weekend JR. Erica has to work though. All weekend actually. I might run up your way if you are going to be around.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Troy,

We should be. We're discussing the schedule now. Soccer Sat. morning till' noon or so. Not sure after that. Would really like to hit the cruise Sunday. Thinking about Mason Dixon on Sat. if clutch is ready. Ken said his buddy with that big block Mach 1 is looking for a good run with someone. Maybe we can appease him of his wishes. Give me a shout tomorrow and we can line it all up.

J.R.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
Troy,

We should be. We're discussing the schedule now. Soccer Sat. morning till' noon or so. Not sure after that. Would really like to hit the cruise Sunday. Thinking about Mason Dixon on Sat. if clutch is ready. Ken said his buddy with that big block Mach 1 is looking for a good run with someone. Maybe we can appease him of his wishes. Give me a shout tomorrow and we can line it all up.

J.R.

I talked to my buddy again tonight, he says he will be at Mason Dixon Saturday....looks like it might be a old school vs new school grudge match...:burnout:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!! Hope cluth is cured by then. I drove car to work today and have a little running around to do. I'd really like to get about 400 miles on it or so. Only have 170 something now.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Cool, talk to ya soon. Next Saturday the 6th is SVTOA at 75/80. My brother-in law and sister are coming ( Johnny Lightning ) I think they're running a grudge match with someone. Should be cool. Later

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Saturday is a possibility!! I will call you tomorrow JR and we can talk about a time and place to meet. Later.

Sorry I missed your call today Troy, I was at work. I'll try to call you tomorrow to discuss plans for Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread