Catless Mids and Fuel Smell?

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
For those who have gone catless mids. I have a question. When I had my mustang and ran off road mids. You could smell the fuel when the car was at idle. Well should I be smelling it just the same on the Lightning with the windows down? Also, I just came back from a ride around the neighborhood and decided to take a short 0-50 blast on the entry road. When I looked back, I saw a little white smoke. What are some thoughts on were the smoke came from. Not a lot, just a little cloud. Could I have spun the tries getting on it and not noticed it? The only change I have made since I was dyno tuned was Long tubes and catless mids. Not sure if that is making my truck run a little more rich or not. If so I will go in and take some fuel out and see how it does.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
i just got my L out from PSI with the 2.6 on and have not noticed any thing different from smell with the catless mids, and i have the 60# injectors and 255 fuel pumps. so not sure maybe it was just your tires, but i also dont have long tubes so maybe you are running a little rich

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
i just got my L out from PSI with the 2.6 on and have not noticed any thing different from smell with the catless mids, and i have the 60# injectors and 255 fuel pumps. so not sure maybe it was just your tires, but i also dont have long tubes so maybe you are running a little rich

What kind of power did Pat get out of it?

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
i have to take it back to put my guages in cus i didnt have the sensors and forgot to tell him. with a 3.75 upper and 6# lower it made around 465 and and 540ish. i didnt get the dyno shet from him bc im buying a 3.5 upper so he can get it right around 480hp

san-man

Established Member
No Hi-flows here, however I think you spun the tires and that is what caused your smoke.

Besides, I am almost positive that a fuel cloud would have been a blue-ish cloud.

Users who are viewing this thread