Caterpillar Bulldozer

ShortShift

Established Member
I know that this is a strange question on a car message board, but there are some intelligent people here. I am trying to find what a reasonable offer would be on a new Cat D6N cabin air dozer. I cant find anywhere online that states the dealer cost or invoice. Is there anyone on this board that deals in heavy eqipment or can find out? We have bought several other pieces of equipment from a local dealer, and feel like the price they want is still too high. We have purchased two other dozers, and an excavator. We feel like we have a relationship with this dealer and would like to continue to stay with Cat. If this doesnt work out we may have to purchase a John Deere 750J. Any help is appreciated.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I haven't priced anything that big in a while but from what I've searched that's not that bad.

Just saw a 2006 D6N with 1400hrs go at auction for around 208k

My last machine was a John deere and wouldn't hesitate to go J.D. again.

(At work right now and have to go do some work for a while, I'll check back on more later)

wvmystichrome

Established Member
That must be why people are always trying to buy my JD450c dozer and JD450c track loader with backhoe. The new ones have really skyrocketed in price. I knew a fellow who bought a JD650g a few years ago and got a deal for about $90k.

Striped Snake

Established Member
That price is in the ballpark for a new 6N cabbed up. But, I would definately go for the 750J. We bought a couple of 700J's last year and they are hands down better machines then the 5's and 6's we have. Just the extra cab room alone of the JD machines is worth buying one. I can't understand why Cat wants to cram the operator into that little cab for 10 hours a day. The 6n's leg room and operator space is smaller then the room in our 6M. I can't understand why they would go smaller.

Btw, I'm not saying that the Cat is a bad tractor, it definately isn't. I'm just saying that whenever I get in one of the Cats I'm always wishing I had one of the JD's.

98cobra4.6

Blow me away.....
Established Member
Don't do the deers unless you plan to sell after the job because in 10 to 15 years you wont be able to get parts for them. Also why do you need to buy new most of our dozers are 80s and they do as good as the new ones.

Striped Snake

Established Member
Also why do you need to buy new most of our dozers are 80s and they do as good as the new ones.

Spend about 50-60 hrs a week in a new cabbed up dozer with radio and a/c for about two months. Then hop on that 80's dozer that probably does do a fine job albiet at a much less productive rate. It probably won't even take an hour before you are yearning for a the new tractor back.

GT06

Established Member
the company I work for just switched from 322 cat ho's to 240 JDs...........Ive been real pleased with them so far, dont know about there dozers, there sticking with cat dozers for now......

ShortShift

Established Member
Bought the D6N XL with sweeps and screens, 6 way blade, cab & air, with the new undercarriage for $211k.

Users who are viewing this thread