Catch A Thief In The Act

PONY MAN

Established Member
Early this morning about 3:00 a.m. , my wife wakes me to tell me that my car alarm is beeping.
I get up thinking that it was the parking lot stray cat on the hood ,but no it is a punk looking into the side windows of my truck [ f-150 ] & car [ 88 gt mustang ].
As he walks up to my truck , I press the alarm & he stops & looks up to see me & wife in the window upstairs.
He holds up his hands in the air showing that he only has a screwdriver or some device he was going to use to break in.
I wanted to shoot him, but seccond guess because if I did I probably would have been in the wrong, since he hadn't broke into either car.
My wife call the cops while we pass some words & he took off.
Thieves reallly suck !! & you can get yourself into much trouble for shooting one unless they really break into your ride.
I will continue to keep an eye out ,something tells me this fool mgiht be dumb enough to come back.

Cobra-O

Established Member
That is crazy, good job catching him, but that sucks it had to happen. Thieves suck ass!

I just noticed you are in ouston, what part?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
With all the gun-wielding people in Texas, I'm surprised they still have thieves.

Doubt he learned his lesson, though. He merely moved on to the next victim. :(

PONY MAN

Established Member
Yeah, guns are plenty here in Texas.
I own several myself , but will use them for protection & defense when necessary.
The laws here in Texas are pretty tough if you do something wrong though.
I have a small family & Iwould hate to have to do jail time for killing \ shooting a worthless tug.
I have a brother , brother in law , & cousins who are in law enforcement who tell me before I shoot make sure that I'm in the right.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Thats whats great about being 20 miles from anything in NW KS. If you hear something moving at night and your dogs are put up, you know something is up, but it rarely happens. Ive had more people try to pull stuff in broad daylight than weve ever had visitors at night. Caught a south african custom cutter trying to steal my kenwood cd player out of my hiboy one day:lol: He shoulda been a little sore the next day.

PONY MAN

Established Member
Yeah, I hear you on that one.
Pisses me off to no end man about car thieves.
With the laws concerning gun control, you have to really think before you shoot.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Caught a south african custom cutter trying to steal my kenwood cd player out of my hiboy one day:lol: He shoulda been a little sore the next day.
What'd you do? Show him what goes on in prison? :eek:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Kinda ruffed him up abit and chased him about 4 miles in my pickup:mj:
All the while, screaming "Yeeee-haw!!", shooting guns in the air :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
All the while, screaming "Yeeee-haw!!", shooting guns in the air :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :D
lol it was about like that, if he woulda asked I woulda gave him the damn thing but it didn't even work, he messed up my wing window while the rear slider lock was broken:bash: He wasn't with the same cutting crew this year:lol:

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Here is Maryland, the ordinary citizen gun owner would have been screwed in your situation. They are not allowed to defend property, only human life, with guns. Also, they are required to retreat as a first course of action, so going outside to run him off and getting attacked isn't an excuse to shoot him. Maryland says don't bring the gun with you.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Yeah, I keep my anti car/house theft device in my drawer next to my bed. Let me say this, if your in my house in the middle of the night with out my consent I will use my anti theft device, and all the 40cal. rounds that are in it, until you drop.

Actually, you are only allowed to use the same amount of force that's being exerted on you in defence of yourself. It is considered illegal to brandish a weapon in defence of your car being broken into. This is what I was told by my attorney, here in Maryland.

P.S. The barrel of a 12 guage shot gun, pointing out the window, can be very intimidating to wanna be thieves.

hamrmech

Established Member
its illegal to do anything anymore to defend your property or person. on the other hand, if you shot the guy dead, he wouldnt be able to come back and steal your car, stereo, or whatever. im glad it was you in that situation and not me, id be locked up right now. im willing to bet that guy wouldnt hesitate to shoot you over breaking into his car.

spinscan

Established Member
A few years ago in Dallas a guy shot some teenagers with an AK 47 from his upstairs apartment as they were in the process of stealing his wheels. He killed a couple of them and was no-billed by the grand jury.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
This is one of those times when a laser sight can work wonders. I would love to see the look on the C***SUCKERS face when he looks down sees the dot and then looks up at the gun.

Good move not shooting him. The bill for removing human waste can be anywhere from 40k-80k.......... :nonono:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Heh .... Texas.

One of my old Army buddies left and went back to work in Arlington Heights, Texas, and told me his wife had to run a housebreaker off with a pistol one day while he was gone, and gunfights went on in the parking lot....:nonono:

He took my advice, came back into he service and we worked for the same company for a while after we both left the service(his second time).

Shooting thieves on public property can be chancy. If they are on your PRIVATE property, and a threat to your famly... I say light 'em up.

Otherwise, if they don't bother to see you coming, a DeMarini aluminum softball bat works pretty well....makes a nice thumping PING! noise, too.:-D

xxxzach

Established Member
now i thought in tx if someone is on your property (and you don't know about it) past a certain time of night they can be shot as they are tresspassers and potential thiefs, etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread