Catback Mounting Help

need4snake

Banned
I picked up a used Magnaflow catback. No matter what I do I can not get the right side to stop resting against the fuel tank. I'm not sure what to do. I have adjusted it several ways and it doesn't seem to help. There's just no clearance at all.

I cut a piece of garden hose and inserted between the exhaust and the tank, do you all think that will be enough to insulate it?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Not sure if the hose can take the heat, but I am not sure if it gets that hot back there. You could get some header wrap and cut of piece of it. I know it will take the heat!

Sometimes, you just have to take the exhaust completely off and start again. Something is just not right and usually following the same procedure you did before will fix itself with alignment.

Good luck
Alex

beeradd

Established Member
try keeping everything loose from midpipe back so you can flex the hangers etc, then start to tighten everything all together flexing and moving it as you go.

need4snake

Banned
Yep, did all that. Loosened it all up and let it hang without any tension, it seems like as soon as I try to align the tips in the back so they are proportional thats when the pipe gets pulled into the fuel tank. Its a magnaflow catback with SLP tips, so maybe that's why, just slightly different tips are causing it to mis-align.

I went ahead and put some header wrap around the area where it hits the tank and that seems to be working well. Probably just stick with that for now.

Users who are viewing this thread