Catback Exhaust

mustangcobra93

Established Member
The cobra has become my daily driver once again and I want to make the car as quiet as I can. I have put the stock headers and h-pipe back on the car. However, I don't have my stock catback so I am still running a flowmaster version. Does anyone know where I can find and OEM "style" catback system to put on the car? I don't car about performance at this time, so anything out there that would make it quiet would be great.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
^yeah, I think that dynomax is probably one of the quietest catbacks out there.

I remember spending like $500 for a full 2 1/2" stainless catback for the girlfriends car and after puting it on she thought it was still stock?????

stangbear427

Established Member
The previous owner put the Dynomax Super Turbo catback on mine, all 2.25" just like stock. It looks good, is holding up well, and is very quiet. No drone, never obnoxious even tripping the rev limiter at WOT. I'm not crazy about it, but it sounds like it may be just what you're after.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
I've gotten older in the years, and I've removed the loud mufflers off every one of my vehicles in the last 6 months. I used to be muffler crazy, I even put a Borla on the wife's Explorer. On the Cobra I just installed the Dynomax Superturbo cat back. It fit better than any cat back I've every installed. Just like stock, looks like stock, sounds like stock. I love it. For the wife's Explorer and the Jeep, I went with the $15 Summit racing turbo muffler. They are very, very quiet and I love them.

stangbear427

Established Member
I like the Magnaflow side exhaust on my dad's '01. It just purrs around quiet as a mouse, then sounds like nascar when you stomp it. That's what I'd like from my next cat back.

Users who are viewing this thread